Thread: I9295 no 3G and 4G

I9295 no 3G and 4G

Hello!

I bought a used phone from Romania and since the beginning it have not been able to find 4G network

Now since a week ago it will not use 3G either, just says "not registered on network" unless i force it to go on GSM, but the SIM works just fine in another phone.

The phone is used by a kid who is mainly using it to play and sometimes watch movies on youtube while being connected to a wi-fi, but biggest problem right now is that he can not call at all.

According to [ Login above or register to see download links. ] the IMEI says "The numbers 05 or 50 indicates that your galaxy smartphone is manufactured either in Brazil, USA or Finland".

I would assume that this would give problems with 4G to begin with, but that does not matter, the issue is that 3G is not working either.

Should I try Romanian or american ROM? or should it still work with nordic ROM?

I tried checking some of the hidden codes, but i find nothing that can test the networks.

This is what ServiceMode shows if it gives you any hints:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Anyone have any idea about what I can do to get the 3G back?

I switched the antenna cable, but no change.
    I also reset cache, no change.
    I also tried to just enable/disable flightmode, no change.
    Changeing networks makes no change until i choose only GSM, where it works fairly ok.

Thanks for any help!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiliana82 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello!

I bought a used phone from Romania and since the beginning it have not been able to find 4G network

Now since a week ago it will not use 3G either, just says "not registered on network" unless i force it to go on GSM, but the SIM works just fine in another phone.

The phone is used by a kid who is mainly using it to play and sometimes watch movies on youtube while being connected to a wi-fi, but biggest problem right now is that he can not call at all.

According to [ Login above or register to see download links. ] the IMEI says "The numbers 05 or 50 indicates that your galaxy smartphone is manufactured either in Brazil, USA or Finland".

I would assume that this would give problems with 4G to begin with, but that does not matter, the issue is that 3G is not working either.

Should I try Romanian or american ROM? or should it still work with nordic ROM?

I tried checking some of the hidden codes, but i find nothing that can test the networks.

This is what ServiceMode shows if it gives you any hints:

Anyone have any idea about what I can do to get the 3G back?

I switched the antenna cable, but no change.
    I also reset cache, no change.
    I also tried to just enable/disable flightmode, no change.
    Changeing networks makes no change until i choose only GSM, where it works fairly ok.

Thanks for any help!
    Hi there,

Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Go to the Firmware-Tab and could you post that info here (screenshot)?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiliana82 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Thanks for the screenshot...

The product-code of your device is NEE (Nordic region)

The firmware can be found here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

So you think reinstalling the nording ROM will fix the issue?

I did install this NEE ROM when i got the phone from Romania..

Administrator
    So you think reinstalling the nording ROM will fix the issue?

I did install this NEE ROM when i got the phone from Romania..
    Hi there,

That I can't tell; maybe something else is wrong with your device...

Maybe a Samsung Service Point can help...

Instead of reinstalling the ROM I tried to follow this guide: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

It actually made it reconnect to 3G so now things are fine.

Thanks for trying to help