Thread: S8+ HK/China to be put @ last european firmware

Exclamation S8+ HK/China to be put @ last european firmware

Hi All,

Bought Samsung S8+ on fnac.fr site through their marketplace.
    Phone was sent from HK and I got it some weeks ago.
    I tried to update firmware which was (info app said chinese) to last european one.
    No problem with model number and DLded this one : G955FXXU4DSDA_G955FOXM4DSDA
    Did the whole manipulation with phone & Odin3 v3.13.3 and even went back to Odin3 v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD which took into account same problem with updating firmware on S8+
    On the moment to flash, it kind of blocked, and nothing happend it failed, red button showed.

Does someone have a manipulation for this ?

my biggests thanks !

Meryem

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryemeke [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi All,

Bought Samsung S8+ on fnac.fr site through their marketplace.
    Phone was sent from HK and I got it some weeks ago.
    I tried to update firmware which was (info app said chinese) to last european one.
    No problem with model number and DLded this one : G955FXXU4DSDA_G955FOXM4DSDA
    Did the whole manipulation with phone & Odin3 v3.13.3 and even went back to Odin3 v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD which took into account same problem with updating firmware on S8+
    On the moment to flash, it kind of blocked, and nothing happend it failed, red button showed.

Does someone have a manipulation for this ?

my biggests thanks !

Meryem
    Hi there

You can't flash European firmware (SM-G955F) on a Hong Kong (SM-G9550) device... -> different model

Thanks for answer Henklbr admin,

Here is what I get from Phone Info app :
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

So for me its a SM-G955F, some incompatibility with HK CSC ?
    HELLLPP

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryemeke [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for answer Henklbr admin,

Here is what I get from Phone Info app :
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

So for me its a SM-G955F, some incompatibility with HK CSC ?
    HELLLPP
    Hi there,

where did you buy this device?

The firmware is a MESS! Your device is original a SM-G955U device (Origin United States). There's US-firmware on your device, and international -F- firmware

Sorry: but I can't help you in this one, because your device has been "messed" with

Go with your device to a Samsung Service Point: maybe they will/can help you...

Bought it through VISNISPHONE sort of phone trader from HK online through FNAC.COM
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] like this.
    I bought it new, and it seemed totally new with all covers/package and so.

Isnt it possible to update then to a new us firmware ? strange stuff here !
    Am looking on the same time for a Samsung Service Point.

THANKS !!

Isnt there a solution also to ERASE EVERYTHING and reinstall it from scratch ?

Administrator
    Isnt there a solution also to ERASE EVERYTHING and reinstall it from scratch ?
    Nope; then it'll probably not work anymore at all...

If it's working now for you: leave it this way...

Or visit a Samsung Service Point...

We can't help you in this one...