Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Update issues, desperate for a solution

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8

    Update issues, desperate for a solution

    I have been having this issue for 2 years, and over several devices. I can not receive any updates. It began on my s8+, and continues on my s10+. I have even had my carrier replace under warranty and continue to have a problem. They have told me there is nothing more they can do so I am on my own. When I select software update on my device, it states software up to date. This also occurs when using the smart switch software on my PC. I am able to take my phone to a repair center to have it updated, but it is inconvenient, and doesn't solve the underlying issue. I believe there is something wrong on the carriers end, an error with my account or something, but I'm not sure how that all works. They say theres nothing wrong on their end, but the same issue over 3 devices makes me think otherwise. I suppose my question is, what should I ask them to check, or what should I check next?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Update using odin with OXM CSC and you will be ok you will get every update and every security patch
    My S8+ was on PAN CSC and i didnt get update or any security patch since i bought it it was updated to beta version of oreo and stuck there
    Since i updated with odin i got march april may security updates as soon as they got out

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,717
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw204loc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have been having this issue for 2 years, and over several devices. I can not receive any updates. It began on my s8+, and continues on my s10+. I have even had my carrier replace under warranty and continue to have a problem. They have told me there is nothing more they can do so I am on my own. When I select software update on my device, it states software up to date. This also occurs when using the smart switch software on my PC. I am able to take my phone to a repair center to have it updated, but it is inconvenient, and doesn't solve the underlying issue. I believe there is something wrong on the carriers end, an error with my account or something, but I'm not sure how that all works. They say theres nothing wrong on their end, but the same issue over 3 devices makes me think otherwise. I suppose my question is, what should I ask them to check, or what should I check next?
    Hi there

    Did you ever flash firmware yourself to your phone?

    Could you go to "Software Info" on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    I'm aware of flashing my own updates but never tried it. I have 4 devices with this same issue, all on the same ATT account. I would rather have the updates work as they should, rather than screw up my phones because I dont know what I'm doing. Screenshot below.

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,717
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw204loc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I'm aware of flashing my own updates but never tried it. I have 4 devices with this same issue, all on the same ATT account. I would rather have the updates work as they should, rather than screw up my phones because I dont know what I'm doing. Screenshot below.

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

    I see, your device is from ATT

    It's indeed very strange, you don't receive any updates. Have you complained already to your carrier about this?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    Yes I have been dealing with them for over 2 years with this issue. They continue to tell me it's a device issue. I have even had my s10+ replaced under warranty and had the same issue right out of the box. That's what leads me to believe it's an issue on their end, and I'm trying to learn a bit about how the networks communicate with the devices on an account so I can ask them to check in certain areas. Unfortunately it seems att tech support just uses the same online troubleshooter available to everyone, as they've told me theres nothing more than can do. Samsung just tells me updates come from the carrier and theres nothing they can do. I did come across an issue with my imei number. Samsung had no record of my imei number. Would this have anything to do with my issue?

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,717
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw204loc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes I have been dealing with them for over 2 years with this issue. They continue to tell me it's a device issue. I have even had my s10+ replaced under warranty and had the same issue right out of the box. That's what leads me to believe it's an issue on their end, and I'm trying to learn a bit about how the networks communicate with the devices on an account so I can ask them to check in certain areas. Unfortunately it seems att tech support just uses the same online troubleshooter available to everyone, as they've told me theres nothing more than can do. Samsung just tells me updates come from the carrier and theres nothing they can do. I did come across an issue with my imei number. Samsung had no record of my imei number. Would this have anything to do with my issue?
    Hi there,

    In the US, firmware-updates are indeed released by the carriers (it's different from the International version)

    Could you send me a screenshot of your Software Info? I want to know what your current build is...

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    S10+, this is out of the back software version.
    My s8 is even worse off. Latest version on it was may 2018 I believe

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,717
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw204loc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    S10+, this is out of the back software version.
    My s8 is even worse off. Latest version on it was may 2018 I believe
    I can't open the screenshot

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    8
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Think I forgot to turn on link sharing. Hopefully this works.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •