Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software update problems.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Software update problems.

I have two s10+ devices. Both are from the same region on the same network. One receives software updates quickly after the release of an update, the other has received one update and that was it. After receiving the update, I had to factory reset the device and eventually changed carriers. Both are factory unlocked devices. Is there any way to fix the problem of not receiving updates? I've tried searching manually and smart switch, I had to flash the April update manually using Odin and downloading the software from here. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdefreitas [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have two s10+ devices. Both are from the same region on the same network. One receives software updates quickly after the release of an update, the other has received one update and that was it. After receiving the update, I had to factory reset the device and eventually changed carriers. Both are factory unlocked devices. Is there any way to fix the problem of not receiving updates? I've tried searching manually and smart switch, I had to flash the April update manually using Odin and downloading the software from here. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.
    Hi there,

Could you go, on the device not receiving updates, to "Software Info", scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdefreitas [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Thanks for your screenshot...

Where did you buy your phone?

Could you post a same screenshot of your own phone which is up-to-date?

Both were purchased from the same retailer in Trinidad, both are also factory unlocked and on the same carrier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20190616-WA0001.jpg  

Administrator
    Hi there,

Strange; the only different I see, is that your other phone completely switched to TTT (TTT/TTT,TTT/TPA) while yours is TPA/TTT,TPA/TPA

I'd a look at the Samsung Servers, and I can't find any firmware for TTT (yet)

Yeah, I noticed that as well. The only firmware for TTT when I searched was for the S10 itself, not the S10+, that's when I flashed the EON S10+ software for Trinidad thinking it might help with the updates. After flashing though, still haven't received any updates. Any way you think that can be fixed to start receiving the OTA updates again?

Administrator
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. The only firmware for TTT when I searched was for the S10 itself, not the S10+, that's when I flashed the EON S10+ software for Trinidad thinking it might help with the updates. After flashing though, still haven't received any updates. Any way you think that can be fixed to start receiving the OTA updates again?
    Hi there,

Have no clue, sorry... TTT S10+ is not on Samsung's servers yet...

Is it possible to install the TPA firmware on my device? I believe that's the firmware for the Panama region. I have an S8+ that also has the TPA listed as the service software provider, so I'm not sure why this device is showing TTT. If i flash that firmware, will it function properly on the device and on my carrier when I reinsert my sim card?

Administrator
    Is it possible to install the TPA firmware on my device? I believe that's the firmware for the Panama region. I have an S8+ that also has the TPA listed as the service software provider, so I'm not sure why this device is showing TTT. If i flash that firmware, will it function properly on the device and on my carrier when I reinsert my sim card?
    Yes, it's possible to flash the latest firmware on the TTT=device.

Be sure, Smart Switch is installed on you PC (not to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here you can find the latest firmware for the S10+: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.x (other file in archive not to be used!); your data will stay intact.

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.3
    5. Power OFF your S10+
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your S10+!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.