Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Desperately seeking SM-P580 (USA) Firmware

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by toby65 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    It was used but I can't honestly say I didn't trip knox myself by flashing these roms. Also, is there somewhere else I can find the product code on the tablet? like it is somewhere in the menu structure or something?
    Nope: if you flashed original FW, you can't indeed.

But the previous owner did, because KNOX has been tripped....

The product-code should have been visible in our SamMobile-app, but it didn't. I don't know where to find the product-code...

ok, well there's unfortunately nothing I can do about that now, I'm past 30 days & I just gotta find a way to fix it. it was working with that 8.0 rom prior to flashing that xar rom that I got from sammobile but now even using smartswitch I can't get the backup to restore the previous version. So IDK what to do, I'm banging my head over here, do you have any idea what could be interfering with the wake up since that seems to be the real issue with this current rom? if I can sort that, I can keep this rom & be done with this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by toby65 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    ok, well there's unfortunately nothing I can do about that now, I'm past 30 days & I just gotta find a way to fix it. it was working with that 8.0 rom prior to flashing that xar rom that I got from sammobile but now even using smartswitch I can't get the backup to restore the previous version. So IDK what to do, I'm banging my head over here, do you have any idea what could be interfering with the wake up since that seems to be the real issue with this current rom? if I can sort that, I can keep this rom & be done with this.
    Hi there

I'm getting out of options here too, sorry

Isn't it possible you to visit a Samsung Service Center?

when I talked to their support they told me I could take it to "any best buy with a samsung support center" & they would restore it for me, I did that but when I got there I was told they couldn't because they (Samsung) had taken the computer with all the firmware back. so my only option is to send it in for service but with knox tripped they are going to charge me an insane amount on top of keeping it for weeks. It's just got me so pissed because I know I could EASILY fix this within minutes if they weren't withholding the firmware for THIS model! It's absolute BS like they are only doing it to force Americans to pay for the service where they know others wont/can't so they give it free.

I imagine that hopefully someone has this tablet & would be willing to make a copy of their firmware & then my problems would be solved!

Also, probably a stupid question but does it matter what version of odin I'm using? I'm using 3.13 & I notice some of the buttons are different than other versions. I've been flashing the AP files. I know other versions have different buttons. Is there anything I could/should be doing with any of the other buttons or files? I have BL ~ AP ~ CP ~ CSC ~ USERDATA

Administrator
    Also, probably a stupid question but does it matter what version of odin I'm using? I'm using 3.13 & I notice some of the buttons are different than other versions. I've been flashing the AP files. I know other versions have different buttons. Is there anything I could/should be doing with any of the other buttons or files? I have BL ~ AP ~ CP ~ CSC ~ USERDATA
    If you have 1 file firmware, the firmware should be place in AP (other buttons not to be used)

I did. I am just clueless as to why they are informing us that it's "not available" if it is ([ Login above or register to see download links. ] if by another name).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SharrySteve1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I did. I am just clueless as to why they are informing us that it's "not available" if it is ([ Login above or register to see download links. ] if by another name).
    Hi there

What do you mean?

Well hey there... I have an idiots update for you! I figured out what the problem was... I was apparently trying to flash 7.0 to a tablet that had 8.0 already flashed on it & I guess you can't downgrade, so yea, once I loaded the 8.0 firmware it worked with no problems at all!

Just wanted to close this out in case anyone else finds themselves in this position