Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperately seeking SM-P580 (USA) Firmware

Desperately seeking SM-P580 (USA) Firmware

Hi everyone

I have the SM-P580 (wifi galaxy tab with s-pen) but my sister bricked it about a month ago, I was able to load another version of the firmware (Germany I believe) via odin because it wouldn't restore via the system restore or the smart switch program & the "emergency firmware recovery" has failed as well. Needless to say for whatever reason Samsung has decided to hold US customers hostage & they wont post the firmware to sammobile so here I am hoping someone is willing to pull a clean copy from their unit or somehow knows of a copy that they're willing to direct me to so that I don't have to send this thing back to Samsung.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by toby65 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi everyone

I have the SM-P580 (wifi galaxy tab with s-pen) but my sister bricked it about a month ago, I was able to load another version of the firmware (Germany I believe) via odin because it wouldn't restore via the system restore or the smart switch program & the "emergency firmware recovery" has failed as well. Needless to say for whatever reason Samsung has decided to hold US customers hostage & they wont post the firmware to sammobile so here I am hoping someone is willing to pull a clean copy from their unit or somehow knows of a copy that they're willing to direct me to so that I don't have to send this thing back to Samsung.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    Hi there,

If there was US-firmware available for the SM-P580, then it would have been on our site too...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

If there was US-firmware available for the SM-P580, then it would have been on our site too...
    That's a given... I was hoping someone else might somehow have a copy or be willing to pull a copy from their SM-P580, hence my posting & not just giving up after I didn't find it in the sammobile database.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by toby65 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    That's a given... I was hoping someone else might somehow have a copy or be willing to pull a copy from their SM-P580, hence my posting & not just giving up after I didn't find it in the sammobile database.
    Hi there,

I'd a search on the Samsung US site, and saw that the "Product Code" of US-devices is XAR.

I'd a search in our database, and I found the firmware for SM-P580 with the XAR product-code:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

I'd a search on the Samsung US site, and saw that the "Product Code" of US-devices is XAR.

I'd a search in our database, and I found the firmware for SM-P580 with the XAR product-code:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ok, please forgive my ignorance on this one, are you suggesting that this firmware "should" work even though it's not listed as the "usa" variant? if so you're a godsend & I am so grateful, is there anything I should be aware of researching (or looking out for) before flashing it?

thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Ok, please forgive my ignorance on this one, are you suggesting that this firmware "should" work even though it's not listed as the "usa" variant? if so you're a godsend & I am so grateful, is there anything I should be aware of researching (or looking out for) before flashing it?

thanks in advance.
    Hi there

This is US-firmware, hence product-code XAR

Have you flashed devices before?

yes I have, I'm just confused as to why they are saying it's "not available" if it is (even if by another name).

Administrator
    yes I have, I'm just confused as to why they are saying it's "not available" if it is (even if by another name).
    Yhat's why I went to the US Samsung-site, and had a look if your device was sold/supported there and had a look on the "Product code"...

Yhat's why I went to the US Samsung-site, and had a look if your device was sold/supported there and had a look on the "Product code"...

I hear that but when I look in Sammobile theres none under the usa variant & when I contacted samsung directly they told me they didn't offer them. I'm just confused as to why that would be the case if they were there all along.

Administrator
    I hear that but when I look in Sammobile theres none under the usa variant & when I contacted samsung directly they told me they didn't offer them. I'm just confused as to why that would be the case if they were there all along.
    Hi there,

this is on the Samsung US site: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Do you see the model-code of the device? SM-P580NZKAXAR

XAR is the Product-code...

Firmware on our site: [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (Product-code XAR)