Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperately seeking SM-P580 (USA) Firmware

I flashed this firmware but it's not compatible with this tablet, it causes some kind of errors with the screen & it wont turn on once it turns off. I honestly HATE this effing tablet.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by toby65 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I flashed this firmware but it's not compatible with this tablet, it causes some kind of errors with the screen & it wont turn on once it turns off. I honestly HATE this effing tablet.
    Hi there,

The firmware I suggested is for your mentioned Tablet, SM-P580.

Then there's probably a "hardware"-problem and your device should be returned for service (Samsung Service Point)

the hardware is working fine, I had another firmware running on it fine but it was a 8.0 rom & I was wanting to root so I could take off the bloatware & move most of my aps to the external card. I just don't want to send it back to samsung to have them put the stock rom back on it because they'll probably put 8.0 on it anyway.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by toby65 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    the hardware is working fine, I had another firmware running on it fine but it was a 8.0 rom & I was wanting to root so I could take off the bloatware & move most of my aps to the external card. I just don't want to send it back to samsung to have them put the stock rom back on it because they'll probably put 8.0 on it anyway.
    Hi there

Then I can't help you further

You can start APPS on your device?

Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Go to the firmware Tab, and post that info here (screenshot)?

Thanks already

Here is the info from that app, of course I would assume the firmware info isn't helpful since it's a problem in that it lets me use the device but as soon as the screen turns off it wont turn back on w/o having to restart the device. I've considered rooting but I'm not sure how this would make a difference.

General
    Model: SM-P580
    Device type: gtanotexlwifikx
    Product name: gtanotexlwifikx
    Manufacturing date:
    Mobile operator:
    KNOX warranty bit: 0x1

FIRMWARE
    Product Code:
    PDA: P580UEU1BQK1
    CSC:
    Baseband:
    Bootloader: P580UEU1CRK2

ANDROID
    Changelist: 12479655
    Buildnumber: NRD90M.P580UEU1BQK1
    Build date: Tue Nov 14 15:56:48 KST 2017
    Build fingerprint: samsung/gtanotexlwifikx/gtanotexlwifikx:7.0/NRD90M/P580UEU1BQK1:user/release-keys
    Build description: gtanotexlwifikx-user 7.0 NRD90M P580UEU1BQK1 release-keys
    Android version: 7.0
    Kernel version: 3.18.14-12479655

HARDWARE
    Manufacturer: samsung
    Internal storage: 14.68 GB
    Board: universal7870
    Chip name: exynos7870
    Platform: exynos5
    Modem:
    Total RAM: 2.89 GB
    Max CPU frequency: 1586 MHz
    CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
    Sound chip: Universal7870-RT5659
    GPU: ARM Mali-T830
    Screen: 10.0" (1200x1920)
    DPI (Dots Per Inch): 240 dpi
    PPI (Pixels Per Inch): 225 ppi
    Rear camera: SLSI_S5K4H5YC_FIMC_IS
    Front camera: siliconfile_SR259_FIMC_IS

SENSORS
    STM: K2HH Accelerometer
    Capella Microsystems, Inc.: CM3323E Light
    SEMTECH: SX9306 Grip Sensor for wifi
    Samsung Electronics: Screen Orientation Sensor
    Samsung Electronics: Motion Sensor

Administrator
    Thanks for the information

May I ask where you bought your Tablet? Have you ever flashed your device before (Custom ROM, ROOT)?

It's strange, your device has no product-code. And I see, your device KNOX has been tripped!

yea, I got it on amazon, I'm not sure about knox Ive only tried stock roms & its not rooted

the rom seems to work, many of them do, until it comes to waking the screen up, you can tell the tablet is actually on because you can hear sounds from it & I did the three button screenshot just to see what would happen & it showed the normal home-screen even though you can see it. is there any ways to just do something with the video drivers on the device even if it's via rooting? I mean I'm running a 7.0 rom on it right now, there is a root for it but I can't see how rooting it would resolve this issue w/o some way to alter the video drivers.

Administrator
    the rom seems to work, many of them do, until it comes to waking the screen up, you can tell the tablet is actually on because you can hear sounds from it & I did the three button screenshot just to see what would happen & it showed the normal home-screen even though you can see it. is there any ways to just do something with the video drivers on the device even if it's via rooting? I mean I'm running a 7.0 rom on it right now, there is a root for it but I can't see how rooting it would resolve this issue w/o some way to alter the video drivers.
    Hi there,

Well: KNOX has been tripped. Did you buy it NEW on Amazon, or was it already used?

It was used but I can't honestly say I didn't trip knox myself by flashing these roms. Also, is there somewhere else I can find the product code on the tablet? like it is somewhere in the menu structure or something?