Thread: S10PLUS google play store stops download when screen is off

S10PLUS google play store stops download when screen is off

Play store stops downloading apps when the screen is turned off. Sometimes, it says "waiting for wifi" but most of the time, the download just stops and it needs to start again. It makes me irritated because i cant download apps when im not using the phone. I already tried to clear the cache and date of play store and also, restarting the phone. Internet is not the problem cause i got a stable connection

Premium Member
    i think that i have the same problem on note9 for almost a month. Cannot download update or new apps. Stops in mid download or at near end and stays that way for quite some time and then at some point it is installed ... maybe 4 maybe 6 hrs later .... i will try and flash via odin the update maybe that will fix the phone ;(

Premium Member
    Got to bed at 5am but i managed to fix the phone. You have to backup the phone online (samsaung account) or to PC (i did on PC) via SmartSwitch. Then factory reset the phone or download the correct firmware and use ODIN with non HOME CSC (with HOME csc you dont format user data which has the problem ! ) . So you end up with factory reset mint condition phone . Now go through setup all the way and setup your samsung account, google account etc. Then the phone will update the apps via Galaxy Store and Google Play store , you let it. Then after everything is setup , you connect the phone to PC and with SmartSwitch RESTORE everything. It will restore all aps and user data but without any problems this time ! And that is it