Thread: Tab s4 (SMT-830) USA version stock rom?

Premium Member

Tab s4 (SMT-830) USA version stock rom?

How come they dont have USA stock rom? I need the latest version or the previous version

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bounddyy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    How come they dont have USA stock rom? I need the latest version or the previous version
    Hi there,

Could you go to "Software Info" on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Could you go to "Software Info" on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?
    Amazingly quick reply but here's the issues. I rooted my device then wanted to unroot it by flashing stock firmware and I flashed a stock firmware from an XDA post (Since I couldn't find one here) that was android 8.1.

The post can be found here,

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

it's be marvinc.

However, some Samsung apps say "this device has root" while it actually doesn't I have flashed it clean and reset it but with no luck. So I assume I downloaded the wrong version. I've attached the details. I just read another post that once you go root KNOX will always be triggered. But i'd still like the latest update if possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20190507-233623_Software update.jpg   Screenshot_20190507-233541_Settings.jpg  
    Last edited by bounddyy; 08-05-2019 at 07:45.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bounddyy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Amazingly quick reply but here's the issues. I rooted my device then wanted to unroot it by flashing stock firmware and I flashed a stock firmware from an XDA post (Since I couldn't find one here) that was android 8.1.

The post can be found here,

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

it's be marvinc.

However, some Samsung apps say "this device has root" while it actually doesn't I have flashed it clean and reset it but with no luck. So I assume I downloaded the wrong version. I've attached the details. I just read another post that once you go root KNOX will always be triggered. But i'd still like the latest update if possible.
    Hi there

This forum does not support ROOT and/or UN-ROOT

But: because you rooted your device, KNOX has been triggered and some apps won't work anymore (due to security reasons)

By the way: did you flash ALL files of the package (AP BL & CSC)?

Your device has product-code BRI which is Taiwan -> here you find the firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

This forum does not support ROOT and/or UN-ROOT

But: because you rooted your device, KNOX has been triggered and some apps won't work anymore (due to security reasons)

By the way: did you flash ALL files of the package (AP BL & CSC)?

Your device has product-code BRI which is Taiwan -> here you find the firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    it's been awhile I don't remember but I should have. My tablet after booting after i flashed the new ROM did boot up with an Asian language. SO I must've missed a file. Do you know which one I should flash for USA (wifi)?

Administrator
    it's been awhile I don't remember but I should have. My tablet after booting after i flashed the new ROM did boot up with an Asian language. SO I must've missed a file. Do you know which one I should flash for USA (wifi)?
    Hi there

There's no firmware for the USA; your product-code of your device is BRI, which is Taiwan: that's why your device is starting up in an Asian language.
    You can select English language

Angry s4 firmware

Hello!
    I have a Samsung s4 Tablet. (Wifi)
    about 20x I tried to put it through the android pie software via Odin. Unsuccessfully. The program runs all the way and remains the factory version in all cases. I haven't got new software for the tablet since last year. December 2018 is the latest update. I do not get auto auto or factory update. So I tried with Odin with the 2019 version without success. I also changed the Usb port, and the result is always the .2ark4 serial number, android 8.1.0, experiece version 9.5.
    Can somebody help me ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DemeterJ [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello!
    I have a Samsung s4 Tablet. (Wifi)
    about 20x I tried to put it through the android pie software via Odin. Unsuccessfully. The program runs all the way and remains the factory version in all cases. I haven't got new software for the tablet since last year. December 2018 is the latest update. I do not get auto auto or factory update. So I tried with Odin with the 2019 version without success. I also changed the Usb port, and the result is always the .2ark4 serial number, android 8.1.0, experiece version 9.5.
    Can somebody help me ?
    Hi there,

which firmware did you try to flash, and with what Odin version?