Thread: Play store device certification

Question Play store device certification

Hello!
    I bought a Galaxy Note 8 From a grey Import, Im From Australia and after a year of usage i have found out My device is NOT certified By google play
    If I Install the stock Firmware of Australia On My Phone, will this Fix the issue? If not, What can i do?
    Thank you

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lairdy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello!
    I bought a Galaxy Note 8 From a grey Import, Im From Australia and after a year of usage i have found out My device is NOT certified By google play
    If I Install the stock Firmware of Australia On My Phone, will this Fix the issue? If not, What can i do?
    Thank you
    Hi there,

Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

Post Settings

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

Here you go

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lairdy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply

I see you're on the latest firmware, and your device is from the United Arab Emirates (XSG)

Can you use other functions, like i.e. "Secure Folder" or other KNOX-related functions? Is your devices ROOTed (or has it been)?

yes! I can do everything Normally as intended. Its Google PAY that isnt letting me use it, Google Pay THINKS my device is rooted, but i have done several tests from different apps and they ALL say My device isnt rooted. My Knox Value is 0x0

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Thanks for your quick reply

I see you're on the latest firmware, and your device is from the United Arab Emirates (XSG)

Can you use other functions, like i.e. "Secure Folder" or other KNOX-related functions? Is your devices ROOTed (or has it been)?
    apparently its got to do with the Play Certification, So im curious if Installing the Aus Firmware will fix this issue??

Administrator
    apparently its got to do with the Play Certification, So im curious if Installing the Aus Firmware will fix this issue??
    Hi there,

If that will be the solution I don't know; strange that Google Pay thinks your phone is "rooted" (while you say it's not", hence the device is not certified!

Here you can find the Australian Firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Be sure, "Smart Switch" is installed on your PC (not to be used, only for the correct drivers)

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OLN (HOME_CSC NOT to be used) with Odin 3.13.x. Your device will be resetted afterwards (which is mandatory). If you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed": accept!

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Note: I'm not sure, this will solve the "Device not certified" problem...

Thank you, here is even to show you Im not rooted. Its so strange. I am hoping this method will fix it, but since we have no idea I dont know if its worth it.

Administrator

Thank you, here is even to show you Im not rooted. Its so strange. I am hoping this method will fix it, but since we have no idea I dont know if its worth it.
    Hi there,

I agree, but at least you'll have "Australian firmware" on your device...

But: the choice is yours (because the device will/must be resetted)