Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus from UAE Firmware to Indian Firmware

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AMAN5119 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi.. it went well.. after flashing firmware i even got OTA for July security update..
    Thanks a ton man!! Really appreciate your help..
    Hi there

You're welcome

Have a good weekend

Hi Boss,
    It worked...

Now its INS/XSG,XSG/XSG

Thank You...

Hi, this might already be answered, but since i am a complete Noob when it comes to all things technical, i willa sk again in the hopes that "henklbr" can reply

I have purchased an S10 from Amazon UK, however the phone itself is the European model

Service Provider SW ver.
    SAOMC_SM-G973F_OXM_XEU_PP_0014
    RF8M534BXCV
    XEU/XEU,EUR/EUR

the phone is currently on the security patch from April, my friends unlocked (British) phone is on June, i was wondering if i could essentially flash the UK software for the Galaxy S10 (G973F) onto my phone without tripping Knox as well as without loosing any of my data?

sorry if this has already been answered, and thanks for the assistance.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA007 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, this might already be answered, but since i am a complete Noob when it comes to all things technical, i willa sk again in the hopes that "henklbr" can reply

I have purchased an S10 from Amazon UK, however the phone itself is the European model

Service Provider SW ver.
    SAOMC_SM-G973F_OXM_XEU_PP_0014
    RF8M534BXCV
    XEU/XEU,EUR/EUR

the phone is currently on the security patch from April, my friends unlocked (British) phone is on June, i was wondering if i could essentially flash the UK software for the Galaxy S10 (G973F) onto my phone without tripping Knox as well as without loosing any of my data?

sorry if this has already been answered, and thanks for the assistance.
    Hi there,

could you post a screenshot of the Software Info?

Please see below / attached.

Thanks again for the quick reply

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA007 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please see below / attached.

Thanks again for the quick reply

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

I found the problem: current firmware on your device, was never released for the UK (but it was in Greece, where you bought your phone? At least it has the Greek "Product Code")

Ques: do you have experience with flashing firmware yourself with Odin?

1. Download Smart Switch (not to be used, just for the correct Samsung Drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.13.3: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download most recent firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.x. Your data will stay intact!

Note:
    * CSC_OXM is NOT TO BE USED!
    * USERDATA-field stays EMPTY!
    * Change nothing to the settings!

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.3
    5. Power OFF your S10
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your S10!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Nope, the phone was purchased through Amazon UK (but was listed as an European model) which explains the Greek Product Code.

Absolutely no experience, but willing to give it a bash, and hope nothing goes wrong. Thanks for confirming i shouldn't lose my data. Can you advise if doing this would shift my phone onto the UK version, and will enable any future OTA updates as and when they are released for the UK unlocked models? Thanks

Administrator
    Nope, the phone was purchased through Amazon UK (but was listed as an European model) which explains the Greek Product Code.

Absolutely no experience, but willing to give it a bash, and hope nothing goes wrong. Thanks for confirming i shouldn't lose my data. Can you advise if doing this would shift my phone onto the UK version, and will enable any future OTA updates as and when they are released for the UK unlocked models? Thanks
    Hi there

Your device is already configured correctly for the UK, hence XEU/XEU, but because your current FW was never released in the UK you're not getting any updates

When you've flashed above firmware, you'll get OTA's again

Don't be afraid to flash: if you exactly follow the instructions, nothing can go wrong...

Perfect, thanks again for the super fast reply. Will give it a try and report back

Sorry, but can you confirm that the process described above will not trip Knox or anything? Thanks