Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can I install stock firmware of SM-G950FD (Bangladesh) in to SM-G950F (UK Vodaphone)?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6

    Can I install stock firmware of SM-G950FD (Bangladesh) in to SM-G950F (UK Vodaphone)?

    Is it possible to replace the firmware of SM-G950F (S8, UK Vodaphone Open) with SM-G950FD (Bangladesh)? I want to do this because Bangladesh CSC is capable of Call recording in Pie. I need call recording but my SM-950F (UK,Vodaphone) cannot record calls after upgrading to Pie. Currently I have downgraded my S8 (UK, Vodaphone) to Oreo to enable Call recording. By the way, I live in Bangladesh. Thanks.
    Last edited by asadulhuq; 21-04-2019 at 18:46.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by asadulhuq [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Is it possible to replace the firmware of SM-G950F (S8, UK Vodaphone Open) with SM-G950FD (Bangladesh)? I want to do this because Bangladesh CSC is capable of Call recording in Pie. I need call recording but my SM-950F (UK,Vodaphone) cannot record calls after upgrading to Pie. Currently I have downgraded my S8 (UK, Vodaphone) to Oreo to enable Call recording. By the way, I live in Bangladesh. Thanks.
    Hi there

    Are you using a SIM-card from Bangla Desh too? Could you go to Software Info on your phone, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

    Are you using a SIM-card from Bangla Desh too? Could you go to Software Info on your phone, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?
    I am using Bangladesh sim card. Please see my screenshots below -

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by asadulhuq [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I am using Bangladesh sim card. Please see my screenshots below -

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, thanks for the screenshots

    To be honestly: I hope, you can change to the "Bangladesh CSC" (BNG), because it's possible your phone is "locked"...

    Here you can find the firmware, Bangladesh BNG, for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC_OXM) with Odin 3.13.x. Your device will be resetted afterwards! When you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed": accept!

    When everything went OK, you should see at "Software Service provider" in Software Info "BNG/BNG/VOD"

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, thanks for the screenshots

    To be honestly: I hope, you can change to the "Bangladesh CSC" (BNG), because it's possible your phone is "locked"...

    Here you can find the firmware, Bangladesh BNG, for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC_OXM) with Odin 3.13.x. Your device will be resetted afterwards! When you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed": accept!

    When everything went OK, you should see at "Software Service provider" in Software Info "BNG/BNG/VOD"
    Thanks. I shall try today. If fail, I will try to go back to Android 8. Also i shall go back to Android 8 if I cannot record calls.

    Upgrade process seems complete. Android Pie has been installed on my S8. Yes, you are correct! Software is now BNG/BNG/VOD. I would be glad if VOD was gone! My phone is now recovering apps etc. I am waiting to see whether Call recording is working in Pie or not!!!! This is very important for me.

    BTW, can you tell me please what the following notification means:
    "Restoring data from SD card. This data will be restored to the SD card restore folder"
    I did not backup any phone data into my SD card. Now what should I do with the data in SD card restore folder? Should I delete other data (other than restore folder) from my SD card?

    Thanks for your assistance.

    Prof. Asadul Huq, PhD
    EEE, University of Dhaka
    Bangladesh

    PS: Built-in Call recording by Samsung now works fine.
    Last edited by asadulhuq; 24-05-2019 at 06:50.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by asadulhuq [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks. I shall try today. If fail, I will try to go back to Android 8. Also i shall go back to Android 8 if I cannot record calls.

    Upgrade process seems complete. Android Pie has been installed on my S8. Yes, you are correct! Software is now BNG/BNG/VOD. I would be glad if VOD was gone! My phone is now recovering apps etc. I am waiting to see whether Call recording is working in Pie or not!!!! This is very important for me.

    BTW, can you tell me please what the following notification means:
    "Restoring data from SD card. This data will be restored to the SD card restore folder"
    I did not backup any phone data into my SD card. Now what should I do with the data in SD card restore folder? Should I delete other data (other than restore folder) from my SD card?

    Thanks for your assistance.

    Prof. Asadul Huq, PhD
    EEE, University of Dhaka
    Bangladesh
    Hi there,

    VOD (the last one) will stay there: that's the product-code and can't be changed...

    About your 2nd question: don't know, never saw that...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

    VOD (the last one) will stay there: that's the product-code and can't be changed...

    About your 2nd question: don't know, never saw that...
    I didn't tell you finally what happened to my S8 after replacing it with Bangladesh firmware. I should say my s8 works fine with the new firmware. Now call recording is perfect too. I am receiving following updates etc. You deserve great thanks for guiding me towards the update. Lot of thanks again. BTW I am thinking to buy a Note 10+ from Dubai region this time. However, I shall use that phone in Bangladesh using Bangladesh SIM. Again Dubai region note doesn't have call recording feature. After, getting the note 10+ from Dubai I shall try to replace the Dubai firmware with Bangladesh firmware. I will want your advice again to do that. Thanks.
    A.H.M. Asadul Huq
    Professor, EEE, University of Dhaka,
    Bangladesh

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by asadulhuq [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I didn't tell you finally what happened to my S8 after replacing it with Bangladesh firmware. I should say my s8 works fine with the new firmware. Now call recording is perfect too. I am receiving following updates etc. You deserve great thanks for guiding me towards the update. Lot of thanks again. BTW I am thinking to buy a Note 10+ from Dubai region this time. However, I shall use that phone in Bangladesh using Bangladesh SIM. Again Dubai region note doesn't have call recording feature. After, getting the note 10+ from Dubai I shall try to replace the Dubai firmware with Bangladesh firmware. I will want your advice again to do that. Thanks.
    A.H.M. Asadul Huq
    Professor, EEE, University of Dhaka,
    Bangladesh
    Thanks for reporting back...

    UAE (CSC XSG) and Bangla Desh (BNG) are both part of Multi CSC OXM.

    When buying the phone, insert the SIM first. Your device should automatically recognize the SIM, and will change CSC accordingly (maybe you'll get a pop-up "SIM Card changed" -> accept

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for reporting back...

    UAE (CSC XSG) and Bangla Desh (BNG) are both part of Multi CSC OXM.

    When buying the phone, insert the SIM first. Your device should automatically recognize the SIM, and will change CSC accordingly (maybe you'll get a pop-up "SIM Card changed" -> accept
    Thanks for information

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •