Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Firmware can I flash my note 9 with?

ok, tried to do all and got an error message saying Fail - Can't open the serial (com) port

Edit - Uninstalled Samsung Kies and retried, and update went through.
    Last edited by babweboy77; 06-03-2020 at 12:46.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by babweboy77 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    @henklbr, I have followed the instructions earlier in the thread, and when I opened Odin to start, there is a warning message saying to delete google and samsung account from the phone first before downloading the binary, and it is not possible to use the device without unlocking.

What does that mean please?
    Ignore...

Good afternoon,

I am also having issues updating my Note 9 to Android 10. The phone's software update method says it is up to date but it is not. The phone starts up and says T-Mobile but I am using it with StraightTalk.

I tried to download the Tmobile Android 10 firmware with my phone model and use the recommended ODIN version but Odin fails with the 4 file method. It lists both file methods on the screen however. Could someone guide me to get the correct software and a quick rundown of what Odin version and files i should select to get this to update please?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by note9guy3 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good afternoon,

I am also having issues updating my Note 9 to Android 10. The phone's software update method says it is up to date but it is not. The phone starts up and says T-Mobile but I am using it with StraightTalk.

I tried to download the Tmobile Android 10 firmware with my phone model and use the recommended ODIN version but Odin fails with the 4 file method. It lists both file methods on the screen however. Could someone guide me to get the correct software and a quick rundown of what Odin version and files i should select to get this to update please?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for your Note9 OYN: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note9 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY! Your device will RESET afterwards. If you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed": ACCEPT
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Thank you henklbr. When I click your link for [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

It takes me to USC. I should download this one? I kept trying TMB versions and that might be why it failed. It also might be because i tried to load the packages into Odin before the phone was in the bootloader mode.

Sorry for the same question everyone asks. I know it makes me nervous to do things like this and could imagine it does to others also. =)
    Last edited by note9guy3; 20-05-2020 at 15:15. Reason: <3

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by note9guy3 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you henklbr. When I click your link for [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

It takes me to USC. I should download this one? I kept trying TMB versions and that might be why it failed. It also might be because i tried to load the packages into Odin before the phone was in the bootloader mode.

Sorry for the same question everyone asks. I know it makes me nervous to do things like this and could imagine it does to others also. =)
    It's Multi-CSC OYN firmware (TMB is also included in this one); follow the instructions in my previous message...

Thanks! I figured that was something along the lines of what you would say after i saw the previous replies but just being safe. Will do!! Thanks for taking the time to help. It is very appreciated!

Premium Member
    henklbr, i'm having the same issue, i have to flash my phone it's a Note 9 from AT&T and i wan't to update it to Android 10, should i follow those instructions you wrote? Or do i have to do something different

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cars264 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    henklbr, i'm having the same issue, i have to flash my phone it's a Note 9 from AT&T and i wan't to update it to Android 10, should i follow those instructions you wrote? Or do i have to do something different
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Hello, i need some help. My note 9 SM-N960U always stuck at setup connection with odin. Can you help me solve this? Thanks