Thread: S9 software update not working after factory reset

S9 software update not working after factory reset

after factory reset my s9 (sm- 960f) software update not working it always say updated to latest version :/
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by imesh93 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    after factory reset my s9 (sm- 960f) software update not working it always say updated to latest version :/
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Did you flash firmware yourself with Odin? When I see your buildnr, G960FXXU2CSB3, you probably did...

The reason you don't get OTA on your phone, is that above mentioned buildnr was never released for CSC SLK (Sri Lanka).

The february security patch for Sri Lanka (SLK) was buildnr G960FXXS2CSB2

This is the latest firmware for your CSC: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Install above mentioned Firmware AP BL CP HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.x, and you'll get OTA again afterwards (data will stay intact)

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Did you flash firmware yourself with Odin? When I see your buildnr, G960FXXU2CSB3, you probably did...

The reason you don't get OTA on your phone, is that above mentioned buildnr was never released for CSC SLK (Sri Lanka).

The february security patch for Sri Lanka (SLK) was buildnr G960FXXS2CSB2

This is the latest firmware for your CSC: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Install above mentioned Firmware AP BL CP HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.x, and you'll get OTA again afterwards (data will stay intact)
    thanks for your reply, i never used Odin because this is my first Samsung device i'm beginner. i faced this problem after factory reset don't know what to do

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by imesh93 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    thanks for your reply, i never used Odin because this is my first Samsung device i'm beginner. i faced this problem after factory reset don't know what to do
    Hi there,

Then it's the best to go with your device to a Samsung Service Point near you, and request them if they can flash the latest firmware for Sri Lanka

Where did you buy your device, because it's productcode, MID, is Iraq...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

Then it's the best to go with your device to a Samsung Service Point near you, and request them if they can flash the latest firmware for Sri Lanka

Where did you buy your device, because it's productcode, MID, is Iraq...
    bought from Iraq middle east. now i'm living sri lnaka. can i fix this in my self? is flash via odin safe?

Administrator
    bought from Iraq middle east. now i'm living sri lnaka. can i fix this in my self? is flash via odin safe?
    It's safe if you follow the instructions...

First download/install SmartSwitch on your PC (is for the Samsung drivers)

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Power off phone, Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Here you can find the latest firmware for your phone/CSC: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM (CSC_OXM is NOT TO BE USED) with Odin 3.13.1 -> Your data will stay intact!