Thread: help: downgrading from pie to oreo on Samsung Note FE/7

help: downgrading from pie to oreo on Samsung Note FE/7

Hi

I want to go back to the official Oreo. My phone updated to Pie last night
    How do I rollback? I can't work with the phone anymore, been trying all day.

Some people say to use ODIN - my problem is my USB port can only be used as a charging port.

It's never been detected as MTP/PTP despite how many other cables I've tried and many other computers. Was advised to turn it in for warranty before warranty expires in 2 months but I have been putting it off, and then my screen broke and I had it fixed. Now I'm informed that the warranty is void. So I've accepted that my USB port is dead forever, which was fine as I could still transfer via wifi.

But today with this update it has rendered my phone pretty useless because I need the USB to rollback to Oreo? Is there a way?

Thanks in advance for your help

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by aledrus [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi

I want to go back to the official Oreo. My phone updated to Pie last night
    How do I rollback? I can't work with the phone anymore, been trying all day.

Some people say to use ODIN - my problem is my USB port can only be used as a charging port.

It's never been detected as MTP/PTP despite how many other cables I've tried and many other computers. Was advised to turn it in for warranty before warranty expires in 2 months but I have been putting it off, and then my screen broke and I had it fixed. Now I'm informed that the warranty is void. So I've accepted that my USB port is dead forever, which was fine as I could still transfer via wifi.

But today with this update it has rendered my phone pretty useless because I need the USB to rollback to Oreo? Is there a way?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Hi there,

Unfortunately not: flashing has to be done via the USB-port

Maybe a visit to a Samsung Service Point is a good choice...