Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOTE 8 N950F ota updates issue

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist84 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi
    I'm facing the exact same issue, I got the phone in UAE in Oct 2017 and have been using the phone in India. Received updates for about 6 months, but haven't received any updates post Aug 2018. When I try the check for updates option i get the following message-

The latest update has already been installed.

Current version:N950FXXU4CHR3/N950FOXM5DSB2/N950FXXU4CRG8

Security patch level: 1 August 2018.

I contacted the Samsung Customer Care in India and they directed me to the Samsung Gulf customer care. They asked me to insert a UAE sim and do a factory reset. This was to change the Service Provider Software Version from /INS to /XSG. Though this did happen the phone still doesn't get the OTA update.

I tried flashing the firmware using Odin and downloaded the next version after Aug 2018 for UAE from the firmware archives here, but after the firmware is pushed to the download mode phone, the Android installation icon comes up and the installation proceeds to 100% then it goes to a blue screen and says 'Erasing' after which the phone re-boots. The firmware version remains the same as before, I believe the update that is pushed is not getting installed and the phone is reverting to the existing one. Is there something I'm missing here?

Also is it possible/advisable to skip versions and update to the latest version directly?

Understand this is an old thread, bit any help is deeply appreciated as I've tried a lot of things to get the software updated and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks!
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here you go. Thank you for replying. When I tried again the installation did not go to 100% it stopped around 32% and went to the erasing screen.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist84 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Here you go. Thank you for replying. When I tried again the installation did not go to 100% it stopped around 32% and went to the erasing screen.
    What Carrier SIM was in your device? Indian or UAE?

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware Note 8 Multi-CSC OXM (XSG): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your Note8
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note8 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

I have tried with Du and Vodafone India Sims. So is it ok to go from the current version on my Phone to the latest release directly, skipping the in between releases?

Administrator
    I have tried with Du and Vodafone India Sims. So is it ok to go from the current version on my Phone to the latest release directly, skipping the in between releases?
    What SIM was in your device when you made the screenshot?

Du, on roaming in India.

Thank you so much @henklbr ......the update has worked.