Thread: Note 9 Warranty Repair Issue

Question Note 9 Warranty Repair Issue

Hi there,

I pre-ordered the Note 9 when it was available last year and have had no issues until the past few weeks.

The camera works fine with no zoom but when you try and zoom in on something, the auto focus is not working and making a noise like it is trying to focus but can't.

I have taken it to the Samsung Repair Centre in Leeds under warranty where they advised me that there is a loose screw that near the camera internally has somehow been smoothed off because someone has attempted to fix it and making the warranty void.

Nobody has attempted to fix the issue or taken the phone apart apart from Samsung themselves when they looked at the phone.

Would be grateful for any advise or help.

Many thanks,
    Dave.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wongle [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

I pre-ordered the Note 9 when it was available last year and have had no issues until the past few weeks.

The camera works fine with no zoom but when you try and zoom in on something, the auto focus is not working and making a noise like it is trying to focus but can't.

I have taken it to the Samsung Repair Centre in Leeds under warranty where they advised me that there is a loose screw that near the camera internally has somehow been smoothed off because someone has attempted to fix it and making the warranty void.

Nobody has attempted to fix the issue or taken the phone apart apart from Samsung themselves when they looked at the phone.

Would be grateful for any advise or help.

Many thanks,
    Dave.
    Hi there

Samsung Repair Center in Leeds should have repaired your device under warranty! Don't open the device yourself...