Thread: New to Android please help re. CSC file

New to Android please help re. CSC file

Hi All,

I have rcently purchased a second hand Note 9 but the phone CSC is an O2U(N960FOTF2CSA2). I'm on sim only contract with EE, their CSC code is N960FOBE2CSA2.

I would like to be able to use their wifi calling as per my previous handset.

My questing to all expert out there is that would I be able to flash just the SCS file only sicne the PDA for both network are the same N960FXXU2CSA2

I will be using Odin3 to flash the csc file, any advice on how to do this safely would be much appreciated

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Hi there, good morning

No: you always must flash ALL 4 files, in your case: AP BL CP CSC_OBE (NOT HOME_CSC_OBE ! ! !), with Odin 3.13.1

Your device will be resetted; SIM-card must be IN your device while flashing; when you get a "pop-up" "SIM-card changed": accept...

Here you can find the firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If your phone is not "locked" to O2, your CSC's should have changed...

Thanks henklbr, It's definitely unlocked. Could it be that when the seller did a hard reset on the phone his 02 sim card was still in hence the reason the CSC didn't change?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlekates [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks henklbr, It's definitely unlocked. Could it be that when the seller did a hard reset on the phone his 02 sim card was still in hence the reason the CSC didn't change?
    Hi there, good morning

When you perform a reset WITHOUT SIM-card inserted, it goes to the DEFAULT CSC (which was in this case O2U because that firmware was on the device)

FYI: the last CSC will never change -> that's the product-code of your device...

Would you recommend going with full firmware flash or should I do a hard reset with my sim inserted first?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlekates [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Would you recommend going with full firmware flash or should I do a hard reset with my sim inserted first?
    With the current firmware in your device, the CSC won't change

So: flash AP BL CP CSC_OBE with Odin 3.13.1

SIM-card must be IN your device...

pop-up "SIM-card changed": accept!

thank you for your help henklbr, will give this a try tonight.

Administrator
    thank you for your help henklbr, will give this a try tonight.
    Hi there, good morning

Your welcome; keep me informed...