Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Note 9 with ODIN

Samsung Note 9 with ODIN

Hello,
    I've an Samsung note 9
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Can I install with Odin the firmware UK/Ireland (XEU)?
    my phone is unlocked and dualsim, in the UK is dualism either, correct?

I wont lose the warranty, correct?
    Knox will maintain 0x0, correct?
    i instal only with CSC or various files?
    Last edited by ricmsilva; 03-02-2019 at 01:00.

If anyone could help me ill be greatful.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ricmsilva [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If anyone could help me ill be greatful.
    Hi there, good morning

It's possible to update your phone, but you'll lose all data on your phone because the CSC needs to be changed from MEO (part of Multi-CSC OXJ) to TPH (part of Multi-CSC OXM)

You'll have to flash AP BL CP & CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC) with Odin 3.13.1, your device will be resetted. When you get a notification/pop-up "SIM-card changed": ACCEPT!

KNOX will stay at "0x0" (because it's official firmware).

But: why do you want to flash? Because of Pie?
    If so, than I would suggest to wait. There's a possibility you'll lose operator specific things, like i.e. VoLTE & VoWiFi -> the choice is yours...

My Note 9 - Stuck on November Update

Got a Note 9 from an online store here in UAE, when i checked it has a November 2018 version and device was from Philippines (it has TRA cetificate from Philippines).

My office mates who got their Note 9 from UAE retail shop already got the Android Pie update last week. My Note 9 is still on November (not even December update) and i am checking everyday in the settings/ software update ..it kept on saying its the latest version.

My device is N960F...and open line (unlocked). Any particular reason why its not updating?

Appreciate any information or advise.... thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eglasam [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My Note 9 - Stuck on November Update

Got a Note 9 from an online store here in UAE, when i checked it has a November 2018 version and device was from Philippines (it has TRA cetificate from Philippines).

My office mates who got their Note 9 from UAE retail shop already got the Android Pie update last week. My Note 9 is still on November (not even December update) and i am checking everyday in the settings/ software update ..it kept on saying its the latest version.

My device is N960F...and open line (unlocked). Any particular reason why its not updating?

Appreciate any information or advise.... thanks
    Hi there, good morning

Could you go to "Software Info", scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

Software Info

Thank you for your quick reply ...attached is the screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N9 Software Info.jpeg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eglasam [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for your quick reply ...attached is the screenshot
    Hi there, good morning

I see a "mismatch" regarding CSC's:

Your ACTIVE CSC is XTC (Phillipines), while your SIM CSC is XSG (UAE); is your SIM UAE?

Due to this "mismatch", you didn't receive any OTA's...

Are you experienced with Odin, to flash Firmware yourself to your device?

If so, flash following firmware to your device (UAE SIM in slot 1): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC) with Odin 3.13.1. Your device will be resetted; if you get a notification/pop-up "SIM-card changed": ACCEPT!

If everything went OK, you should get XSG/XSG,XSG/XSG

Be sure to have SmartSwitch installed too on yopur PC (you don't need it, but for the "Samsung Drivers")

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good morning

I see a "mismatch" regarding CSC's:

Your ACTIVE CSC is XTC (Phillipines), while your SIM CSC is XSG (UAE); is your SIM UAE?

Due to this "mismatch", you didn't receive any OTA's...

Are you experienced with Odin, to flash Firmware yourself to your device?

If so, flash following firmware to your device (UAE SIM in slot 1): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC) with Odin 3.13.1. Your device will be resetted; if you get a notification/pop-up "SIM-card changed": ACCEPT!

If everything went OK, you should get XSG/XSG,XSG/XSG

Be sure to have SmartSwitch installed too on yopur PC (you don't need it, but for the "Samsung Drivers")

Thank you... but I am not experienced with ODIN and since phone is quite expensive and lose warranty, I have some hesitation from my end .

My current SIM is UAE (Etisalat), but I do have with me a Philippine roaming Sim from Globe and Smart, will it help if I put either of the Philippine sim and if it will update ? I prefer a firmware intended for Philippines since eventually I will use the Note 9 there...
    Last edited by eglasam; 03-02-2019 at 11:58.

Administrator
    Thank you... but I am not experienced with ODIN and since phone is quite expensive and lose warranty, I have some hesitation from my end .

My current SIM is UAE (Etisalat), but I do have with me a Philippine roaming Sim from Globe and Smart, will it help if I put either of the Philippine sim and if it will update ? I prefer a firmware intended for Philippines since eventually I will use the Note 9 there...
    Hi there, good afternoon

Then I would suggest to leave your UAE SIM in your device, and perform a factory reset; if you get a pop-up "SIM-card has changed": ACCEPT -> if everything goes OK, your ACTIVE CSC will change to XSG and you should get the updates (either by OTA or SmartSwitch)

Otherwise I can't think of something, how to get the updates for you