Thread: Advice request for SM-G960F/DS firmware and CSC change

Question Advice request for SM-G960F/DS firmware and CSC change

Hi all,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F/DS) with an active BRI CSC code. My goal is to flash the Australian XSA firmware from [ Login above or register to see download links. ] and also gain the XSA CSC activation.

I have found a wonderful guide for the S8 at [ Login above or register to see download links. ] but I am not sure if the same process can be followed for S9.

The plan then is to install TWRP and then a ROM from xda which includes Magisk.

So, I ask the clever people of Sammobile, is this the right way to go about doing things? I would very much appreciate any advice you can give me!

Administrator
    Hi there, good morning

If you want to get your S9 to XSA-CSC being active, you need an Australian SIM-card!

Then flash AP BL CP CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.1 (Australian SIM needs to be in your device!) -> your device will be resetted afterwards.. If you get a pop-up "SIM-card has changed" -> ACCEPT!

This forum doesn't give support in ROOTING and/or CUSTOM-ROM: that info you'll have to find elsewhere (i.e. XDA)

Thanks for your reply. I have an Australian Sim card. I will try this when I can

I've completed those steps and it said all was successful. Is there a way to confirm the change?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandoesntstress [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I've completed those steps and it said all was successful. Is there a way to confirm the change?
    Hi there, good evening

Go to Software Info, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider": what info is mentioned there (screenshot)?

thanks

I am also having the same problem from last 3 days. I had also checked [ Login above or register to see download links. ] and other technical sites for an exact answer but unfortunately, didn't find a proper answer. What to do?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lj962500 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I am also having the same problem from last 3 days. I had also checked [ Login above or register to see download links. ] and other technical sites for an exact answer but unfortunately, didn't find a proper answer. What to do?
    Hi there, good morning

"What problem" toy have from the last 3 days?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good evening

Go to Software Info, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider": what info is mentioned there (screenshot)?
    Doesn't look good

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandoesntstress [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Doesn't look good

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good morning

Nope, indeed; even your SIM-card is not recognized as being XSA

Then I'm afraid, your device is "region locked" and the CSC can't be changed to XSA