Thread: Stock Firmware Flashing

Exclamation Stock Firmware Flashing HELP!!

Hi,

I bought a Samsung S7 (Sm-G930A) at&t phone secnd hand here in the middle east a year ago. i lost my numbers at one stage and tried to recover them with an app from my computer that rooted my device without my wanting. i now have to flash stock firmware and am not sure which firmware i should use as i am only findig it under SM-G9230U now. On top of this i want to know if i flash stock firmware will it lock my device to at&t again as it is currently open to all networks.

Any help and iformation will be much appreciated
    Last edited by craigde85; 14-01-2019 at 06:23.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by craigde85 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

I bought a Samsung S7 (Sm-G930A) at&t phone secnd hand here in the middle east a year ago. i lost my numbers at one stage and tried to recover them with an app from my computer that rooted my device without my wanting. i now have to flash stock firmware and am not sure which firmware i should use as i am only findig it under SM-G9230U now. On top of this i want to know if i flash stock firmware will it lock my device to at&t again as it is currently open to all networks.

Any help and iformation will be much appreciated
    Hi there, good morning

1. This forum does NOT give support to ROOTED devices
    2. You can't flash "other" firmware to an American SM-G930A (AT&T) model
    3. Unfortunately, we don't have AT&T firmwares on our server

Sorry...

I appreciate that you do not give support to rooted devices, buti had no inclination that it was rooting my device. I contacted the app support in regards to the issue after and it was them that suggested i have to flash the device.

my device is now lagging and annoying the hell out of me.. i think i have found the stock firmware elsewhere for my device, but i am worried that when i flash it that it may lock my device to at&t again. do you have any insight as to this matter at least.?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by craigde85 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I appreciate that you do not give support to rooted devices, buti had no inclination that it was rooting my device. I contacted the app support in regards to the issue after and it was them that suggested i have to flash the device.

my device is now lagging and annoying the hell out of me.. i think i have found the stock firmware elsewhere for my device, but i am worried that when i flash it that it may lock my device to at&t again. do you have any insight as to this matter at least.?
    Craig, good morning

As I'm European, I really don't know what AT&T firmware will do to your device; we also don't have that firmware on our servers (also not on Samsung servers either)...

Just wondering: WHAT app did ROOT your phone? You must have executed that app yourself -> that won't do it automatically...

My last question is:

my current build number is G930AUCU4BQK2, If i have downloaded to latest Oreo firware can i jump straight to that by flashing that firmware with odin to the phone.?

Please any help and advice will be much appreciated. i ate that that program rooted my device as i do not like rooted devices..

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Craig, good morning

As I'm European, I really don't know what AT&T firmware will do to your device; we also don't have that firmware on our servers (also not on Samsung servers either)...

Just wondering: WHAT app did ROOT your phone? You must have executed that app yourself -> that won't do it automatically...
    I believe it was Dr.Phone, i had to set the usb debug etc, but i was never informed that it would root the device, i thought it would just search the device for my contacts.. stupid of me when i went into my google contacts i found a revert changes section option and revert the changes made the day before and got all my contacts back. so my phone got rooted for no bloody reason.

My last question is:

my current build number is G930AUCU4BQK2, If i have downloaded to latest Oreo firware can i jump straight to that by flashing that firmware with odin to the phone.?

Please any help and advice will be much appreciated. i ate that that program rooted my device as i do not like rooted devices..
    If I can do this then i will go ahead and do so with the firmware downloads i have found. It the phone reverts to being locked to AT&T i will pay to have it unlocked again online or at a shop.

Administrator
    My last question is:

I really want to help you, but I can't advise you in this -> sorry

I've NO experience with US-firmware, and I don't know what it'll do to your device...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I really want to help you, but I can't advise you in this -> sorry

I've NO experience with US-firmware, and I don't know what it'll do to your device...
    Hi henklbr,

I really appreciate it, thank you very much anyway

Regards
    Craig