Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some CSC queries in relation to A530F (GALAXY A8 2018)

Some CSC queries in relation to A530F (GALAXY A8 2018)

Hi guys,

I have some questions in relation to changing the firmware on a Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) SM-A530F single sim phone from Italy. I live in Ireland.

1. Are firmwares for single sim and dual sim the same?

2. If I flash BTU firmware (member of OXM multi-CSC I believe), what default CSC will I get? Any way to force BTU or XEU?

3. How is CSC selected from multi-CSC firmware. Is it inserted sim card or something else?

4. If I flash VDI(Vodafone Ireland) firmware (member of vodafone multi-csc OVF) what default vodafone CSC will I get or will an irish sim card force the VDI CSC?

5. What difference exists across the various members of the OXM (unbranded) multi-CSC? i.e. they are all unbranded so is there any functional differences between DBT and BTU apart from default language?

My apologies for the number of questions. I did do a good search before hand and after reading a few hours, I couldn't really get my head around the above and would really appreciate any help. I'm thinking answers to the above will be very useful to people that find this thread in future also.

Thank you,

Jim
    Last edited by breathnach; 08-01-2019 at 01:59.

Premium Member
    Hi there, good morning
    '
    Could you post a screenshot of the Software Info, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider"?

1. Yes
    2. CSC will be chosen accordingly to your SIM-card
    3. Yes
    4. Don't know
    5. Network related functions like VoLTE, VoWiFi, eventually Samsung Pay etc...

henklbr,

Thank you much for taking the time to reply to my questions. It is much appreciated.

I haven't received the phone yet, but will within a few days and will post software info then. However, if as you say CSC is chosen by sim card (assuming multi-CSC firmware) does this somewhat negate the need to flash local region rom in the first place?

Thanks very much indeed,

Jim
    Last edited by breathnach; 09-01-2019 at 03:12.

hello about A530F OXM:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A530F OXM.PNG 
Views:	29 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	14695

about A530 OVF:

Name:	A530F OVF CSC.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	14696

regards

HI, I'm trying to install an Italian firmware no brand ITV on my Samsung A8 SM-A530F.
    But here something strange happened. After downloaded the right package and successfully flashed on my phone, I see that the firmware installed was from Serbia.

What I noticed is that CSC was the same for both the country (A530FOXM3BRK4).

What's wrong with it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by markcor1; 09-01-2019 at 12:54.

I've then tried to flash the brand vodafone firmware, and everything is ok.
    It could be an error in the firmware search of sammobile?

Thanks

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by yakapa40 View Post
    hello about A530F OXM:

Views:	29 
ID:	14695

about A530 OVF:

Name:	A530F OVF CSC.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	14696

regards
    yakapa40,

Thank you for this. Didn't know that BTU is a single CSC for the A530F. Really helps alot.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by markcor1 View Post
    HI, I'm trying to install an Italian firmware no brand ITV on my Samsung A8 SM-A530F.
    But here something strange happened. After downloaded the right package and successfully flashed on my phone, I see that the firmware installed was from Serbia.

What I noticed is that CSC was the same for both the country (A530FOXM3BRK4).

What's wrong with it?

Thanks!
    Mark,

What was the original CSC/region of your phone? As the OXM multi-CSC defaults to SER, I don't believe it is possible to get the ITV CSC for this reason. Maybe an Italian sim card will make ITV the active CSC? This is the part that I'm unsure of however.

Did you flash OMN for vodafone? If so what CSC did you end up with? (OMN is part of a the OVF multi-CSC which defaults to VD2 which is German Vodafone, but maybe Italian Vodafone sim makes OMN the active CSC??).

The info given from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeinfo&hl=en PhoneINFO app would be very useful.

Let us know please,

Jim
    Last edited by breathnach; 09-01-2019 at 16:05.

The original firmware was (Italy Vodafone) OMN, and so I reverted back to OMN.

I've made everything without SIM Card inserted.

I'll install the app and I'll let you know all the details.

Thanks a lot!

Mark

@breathnach

as you can see in my OXM extracted image , BTU is in single folder

Views:	15 
ID:	14697

regards