Thread: Apps refuse to work after phone reset

Exclamation Apps refuse to work after phone reset

Hi!

I'm a new user of this forum with little knowledge of phone internals. My phone is a Samsung-SM-J727A (Android ver. 7.0). For some unknown reason (really, not provoked!), it went to a system reset. After going through the restore process (most of the apps and settings were successfully restored and apparently working), there are a number of apps that refuse to function. I've tried reinstalling them, rebooting the phone, with no success. The message in the apps that do not work is like: <application> has stopped, Restart app. Then, when I restart it the message is <application> keeps stopping. Close app. Apart from this problem, the phone seems to be working fine after the restore process. Please, advice any steps to take towards the solution of this problem. Thanks. wp

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by williepabon [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi!

I'm a new user of this forum with little knowledge of phone internals. My phone is a Samsung-SM-J727A (Android ver. 7.0). For some unknown reason (really, not provoked!), it went to a system reset. After going through the restore process (most of the apps and settings were successfully restored and apparently working), there are a number of apps that refuse to function. I've tried reinstalling them, rebooting the phone, with no success. The message in the apps that do not work is like: <application> has stopped, Restart app. Then, when I restart it the message is <application> keeps stopping. Close app. Apart from this problem, the phone seems to be working fine after the restore process. Please, advice any steps to take towards the solution of this problem. Thanks. wp
    Hi there

Hate to tell you this, but probably it's the best to reset your device and start from scratch again: maybe something did go wrong during backup/restore...

Question Apps refuse to work ...

henklbr:

Thanks for answering. If what you are saying means the re-installation of the whole Android system, I'm in trouble. I really don't know how to do that. Very little knowledge of this OS. I'm familiar with Windows and Linux, but on Android I'm just a simple user. If I have to do that, I would need all the help and advice necessary to do this stuff; tools and apps required, internet links where I can find such, etc. I welcome any recommendation. Thanks again for any advice you can give. wp

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by williepabon [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    henklbr:

Thanks for answering. If what you are saying means the re-installation of the whole Android system, I'm in trouble. I really don't know how to do that. Very little knowledge of this OS. I'm familiar with Windows and Linux, but on Android I'm just a simple user. If I have to do that, I would need all the help and advice necessary to do this stuff; tools and apps required, internet links where I can find such, etc. I welcome any recommendation. Thanks again for any advice you can give. wp
    Hi there,

No, i meant "Factory Reset" your device...

What I don't understand: how it's possible your device "reset" itself? Maybe something else is wrong with your device, and a visit to a Samsung Service Point would be a good idea...