Thread: Weird and duplicated settings

Weird and duplicated settings

There's some weird and repeated settings (as can be seen in the attached image) on my Galaxy Tab S2 demo unit, i researched the cause of this and apparently it's to do with not flashing all the right files.

I downloaded the latest software on Sammobile and flashed it to my tablet using odin, only the AP md5 file as BL CSC etc files weren't there. Everything went smooth and my tablet was updated but the settings are still messed up.

Anyone know what's going on?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AOS1234 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    There's some weird and repeated settings (as can be seen in the attached image) on my Galaxy Tab S2 demo unit, i researched the cause of this and apparently it's to do with not flashing all the right files.

I downloaded the latest software on Sammobile and flashed it to my tablet using odin, only the AP md5 file as BL CSC etc files weren't there. Everything went smooth and my tablet was updated but the settings are still messed up.

Anyone know what's going on?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good morning

DEMO-unit? DEMO-units are not sold to customers and are only for stores; DEMO-units have different firmware, and not the FW retail-units have!

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good morning

DEMO-unit? DEMO-units are not sold to customers and are only for stores; DEMO-units have different firmware, and not the FW retail-units have!
    Good morning to you too.

You are correct that they have different firmware (they come with demo firmware) however this was flashed with android 7 official firmware before being sent to me. I have come across others who have had the same strange settings (on different devices) and they've been told its due to only flashing AP and not the BL CSC files etc, however none of the firmware i have downloaded for the tab s2 on this website come with those files, just one file i have to flash with AP

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AOS1234 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good morning to you too.

You are correct that they have different firmware (they come with demo firmware) however this was flashed with android 7 official firmware before being sent to me. I have come across others who have had the same strange settings (on different devices) and they've been told its due to only flashing AP and not the BL CSC files etc, however none of the firmware i have downloaded for the tab s2 on this website come with those files, just one file i have to flash with AP
    Hi there, good afternoon

Tab S2 has only "1 file firmware"...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good afternoon

Tab S2 has only "1 file firmware"...
    Thanks for the info, i can stop wasting my time searching for a non existent firmware.

Seems I'm stuck with the strange settings, do you know if it'll cause any problems down the line? I don't mind too much if it isn't causing any issues as it's not like I'm on the settings page most of the time.

Administrator
    Thanks for the info, i can stop wasting my time searching for a non existent firmware.

Seems I'm stuck with the strange settings, do you know if it'll cause any problems down the line? I don't mind too much if it isn't causing any issues as it's not like I'm on the settings page most of the time.
    Hi there, good morning

Sorry: have no experience with DEMO-models, which shouldn't be sold to customers!