Login or Join

Thread: Gear S3 Bluetooth

Gear S3 Bluetooth

Good Morning Samsung Community

I am really concerned by the lack of replies on this issue. My Bluetooth connection between my Phone and Gear S3 was perfect up until the latest update R760XXU2CRE3. It now connects and after awhile it just disconnects. it cannot keep a stable connecting for longer than 30 min. I have done all the factory resets, reboots and app permissions you can think of. Nothing is working and it is very frustration because this watch is definitely the best on the market at the moment. I Would just like to confirm if i am not the only one experiencing this issue and if Samsung is aware of it?

Any response would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by Andrew95; 06-07-2018 at 09:04.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew95 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good Morning Samsung Community

I am really concerned by the lack of replies on this issue. My Bluetooth connection between my Phone and Gear S3 was perfect up until the latest update R760XXU2CRE3. It now connects and after awhile it just disconnects. it cannot keep a stable connecting for longer than 30 min. I have done all the factory resets, reboots and app permissions you can think of. Nothing is working and it is very frustration because this watch is definitely the best on the market at the moment. I Would just like to confirm if i am not the only one experiencing this issue and if Samsung is aware of it?

Any response would be great. Thanks.
    I've the same build on my Gear S3: no problems at all (connected to my Note8)

Sorry, I am on same version and I am having no problems whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

my Galaxy Watch has the exact same problem as Andrew95 post. Horrible BT connection. Latest firmware. On my desk next to my phone disconnected several times a day and did not auto reconnect. Walking away from my phone it NEVER reconnected again. Absolutely useless with notifications. Owning the device for 3 days I was just busy testing workarounds, soft resets, hard resets, alternative setup processes, even a hard reset for my phone. Hours and hours of trying to make my watch work as advertised. Asked for a refund today.

No refund but a new watch. Current BT setup on my iPhone: apple watch, philips BT speaker, carkit and BT headphones. Not a single problem, no dropped connection. When connection is lost (to far away from phone) connections always reconnect.
    now to my new Galaxy Watch. Within ONE HOUR the watch disconnected while only 50 cm away from my phone. The watch never reconnected automatically.

took a drastic step: Hard reset my phone and watch and gave it a new try. After the setup process I walked away from my phone. The watch disconnected. After walking back the watch connected again, GREAT!!! Gave it a second try: walked away and the watch disconnected, walking back the watch never reconnected. After a hour i had a few notifications on my phone...nothing on the watch.

BT on the phone works flawless, it's the watch or the iPhone app causing all the trouble. Samsung says the iPhone is compatible although a bit limited in features (which is fine for me)