Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Tab A - SM-T555 Pit File

Red face Galaxy Tab A - SM-T555 Pit File

Hi

I'm looking for the .Pit file for the SM-T555 (16GB) (UK), unfortunately I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Will be using the below Firmware from Sam Mobile.

PDA: T555XXS1BPL4
    CSC: T555BTU1BPE2

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks

Mulvo

Why do you think you need a PIT file?

You can ask our technical moderator, yakapa40 if he can extract the PIT file for you.
    PM here with your firmware link and request:

Note: yakapa40 is a member like you and I and so may not get back to you straight away.
    Be patient.

Hi Greenman

I brought this 2nd hand tablet and appears to be seriously locked down and has custom desktop / software that loads as soon as the tablet starts, factory reset options all disabled was able to root the device (CF Root) but couldn’t get rid of this custom desktop / software running, tried placing the latest firmwares on the device the OS upgraded but this did not work as the data / primary account is not removed.

Also tried standard Factory reset via boot menu, but get the “MDM Does not allowed FactoryReset” message, so after this tried the Encrypt device / then use incorrect passwords route but Encrypt device options are disabled.

I also tried to TWRP but I couldn’t get this to work as it wouldn’t boot after deployment.

So reading information / asking questions on other forums they basically told me best thing to do would be repartition and put latest firmware on to start a fresh on the tablet.

But I’ll try other options if anyone can please give me the information.

Thanks

Mulvo

This is a corporate Tab and locked down using Airwatch security.
    You have clearly seen the XDA link on this as you have encrypted the Tab.
    Did you then go to the next stage of entering the wrong password up to 15 times to wipe the Tab.

Do not do anything else as it will complicate the problem (if you have not already done so by rooting and trying to update the firmware)

Hi

I'm not sure what security is already running on the device, I couldn't encrypt the device as this option was disabled, so I was unable to enter the password incorrectly 15 times.

The firmware currently running on the device is the one mentioned in my original post and appeared to upgrade fine just obviously has this software running on it.

Thanks

Did you follow the Encrypt procedure correctly?
    The first thing you have to do is set up the screen lock:
    This link takes you through it:

Hi

Yes, I did follow the steps but I was unable to change the pin and the encrypt device button was greyed out.

But since last night yakapa40 has sent me the .PIT file earlier and I tried this with the original Stock Rom mentioned above. Finally with Stock Rom, the .PIT with "Nand Erase All" checked this was the solution that finally worked for me, the tablet is now free of all the bloatware and I'm able to set up a new account without issue.

Massive Thanks for your advice and information.

Mulvo

Hi
    Is there a download link of the pit fle? I need it because when flashing stock rom using odin it gives an error saying file size is to big , I think that I need to repartition with the pit file.

thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by bramdeman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi
    Is there a download link of the pit fle? I need it because when flashing stock rom using odin it gives an error saying file size is to big , I think that I need to repartition with the pit file.

thx in advance
    If you are changing the original firmware you may have to use a PIT file.
    The PIT is specific to the model version and the csc, neither of which have you provided.

Go to post #2 to request the PIT from yakapa40.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If you are changing the original firmware you may have to use a PIT file.
    The PIT is specific to the model version and the csc, neither of which have you provided.

Go to post #2 to request the PIT from yakapa40.
    Ok thanks, and for the csc how can I find it? the only thing I can do is going in to odin mode. the model name is SM_T555.