Thread: Is it possible to downgrade past binary restriction with an unlocked bootloader?

Angry Is it possible to downgrade past binary restriction with an unlocked bootloader?

Hello. I desperately need to downgrade my phone as I have a medical app that has been broken by the most recent update, but using the odin method gives a binary error.

If I unlock the bootloader, can I theoretically downgrade my phone? I don't give two shits about warranty I just want my medical app to work.

If not, well that sucks big time for me.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by R3tlit3 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello. I desperately need to downgrade my phone as I have a medical app that has been broken by the most recent update, but using the odin method gives a binary error.

If I unlock the bootloader, can I theoretically downgrade my phone? I don't give two shits about warranty I just want my medical app to work.

If not, well that sucks big time for me.
    Hi there

It would be very nice you mention about which device you're talking...

What is you current firmware on your device (screenshot Software Info) and what firmware do you want on your device?

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Exynos Unlocked Australia, on Android Pie latest.

Want Android Oreo back not because of personal reasons but for medical reasons. I need to get in touch with doctors, and the new update breaks it.

I will do anything (except get a new phone because I dont have infinite wealth) to try, but so far to no avail.
    Last edited by R3tlit3; 04-09-2019 at 12:35.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by R3tlit3 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Exynos Unlocked Australia, on Android Pie latest.

Want Android Oreo back not because of personal reasons but for medical reasons. I need to get in touch with doctors, and the new update breaks it.

I will do anything (except get a new phone because I dont have infinite wealth) to try, but so far to no avail.
    Hi there

Hate to say this, but you can't downgrade to Oreo (this was mentioned when you accepted the update to Pie)...

Maybe a Samsung Service Center can help you, but you can't do this yourself...

Well thats just quaint. I didnt notice such a warning, it was probably at the bottom of the list of changes. So much for an 'unlocked' bootloader.

Unlocked bootloader whilst waiting, warranty somehow isnt void and still cant downgrade. Not my lucky day lol.
    Last edited by R3tlit3; 05-09-2019 at 08:33.

Administrator
    Well thats just quaint. I didnt notice such a warning, it was probably at the bottom of the list of changes. So much for an 'unlocked' bootloader.

Unlocked bootloader whilst waiting, warranty somehow isnt void and still cant downgrade. Not my lucky day lol.
    As I said: maybe a Samsung Service Center can -> they could have the "Tools" for it...

Or: your "Medical app" needs an update...

Thank you , i had the same problem