Thread: Which version to choose?, does it matter

Which version to choose?, does it matter

My Galaxy S7 behaves strange, in phone ino there is no information about CSC.
    A few monts ago i have flashed my firmware, maybe there goes something wrong.

My question is:
    If i choose in the list of firmware for the Galaxy (PHN) an older version. does this matter?.
    (I do have an older firmware on my PC, an i cannot download the latest firmware this weekend.)

Or will the firmware automatically updated to the latest version by samsung?
    or must this always done by flashing the firmware?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchronnie [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My Galaxy S7 behaves strange, in phone ino there is no information about CSC.
    A few monts ago i have flashed my firmware, maybe there goes something wrong.

My question is:
    If i choose in the list of firmware for the Galaxy (PHN) an older version. does this matter?.
    (I do have an older firmware on my PC, an i cannot download the latest firmware this weekend.)

Or will the firmware automatically updated to the latest version by samsung?
    or must this always done by flashing the firmware?
    How did you flash your FW: all 4 files?
    When I read your text: I think not -> you did not flash the HOME_CSC_PHN of CSC_PHN

With 4 files, you ALWAYS must flash ALL files, so: AP BL CP HOME_CSC_PHN (data stays intact) or CSC_PHN (your device will be resetted)

I did it in december, and i think i did all 4 files.
    But as i start phone info, there is no information under CSC.
    Maybe is that the reasion my phone have some strange behaviour.
    Is it better to flash the CSC_PHN so i have a complete fresh start?, or is it better to Flash HOME_CSC so i keep my data?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchronnie [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I did it in december, and i think i did all 4 files.
    But as i start phone info, there is no information under CSC.
    Maybe is that the reasion my phone have some strange behaviour.
    Is it better to flash the CSC_PHN so i have a complete fresh start?, or is it better to Flash HOME_CSC so i keep my data?
    If you don't mind to install everything again and to set-up your phone: do a fresh start -> AP BL CP CSC_PHN

henklbr, thanks
    Can you also answer my original question?

Can i install an older firmware?, and wil it be updated automaticaly?

Administrator
    henklbr, thanks
    Can you also answer my original question?

Can i install an older firmware?, and wil it be updated automaticaly?
    It's adviseable to flash the LATEST firmware, due to security reasons...