SamMobile - Powered by vBulletin

Samsung galaxy note 8 N950N csc change

Hi, I bought N950N model from ebay andnow using it in Bangladesh. This korean model doesn't allow me to turn off camera sound and can't change the network mode. Is it possible to change CSC without root and without triggering knox. Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nazmulasha [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, I bought N950N model from ebay andnow using it in Bangladesh. This korean model doesn't allow me to turn off camera sound and can't change the network mode. Is it possible to change CSC without root and without triggering knox. Thanks in advance.
    Nope: you can't change CSC to i.e. Bangla Desh -> N950F, you have a N950N model...

Why would you like to turn off Camera Sound?

Sometimes I need to take photos in classroom(notes) or in some quite places. It's annoying to have shutter sound there. There is few more problems like in stores I see only korean language. Bixby vision also brings results in Korean Language.
    Is it possible to flash N950F Firmware without triggering knox or root using odin? (both are exynos)
    if yes will I get the official update ?
    Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Super Moderator
    As I mentioned already in my previous answer:

Nope: it's NOT possible to flash SM-N950F firmware on a SM-N950N device (otherwise it would be named -F- too )

ok. Thanks.
    If I forget about knox, will it be possible to flash N950F firmware ?
    If yes, will I get official update ?
    I am not worrying about voiding knox warranty bit. All I'm worrying about is getting official update and I don't want to root my phone too.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nazmulasha [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    ok. Thanks.
    If I forget about knox, will it be possible to flash N950F firmware ?
    If yes, will I get official update ?
    I am not worrying about voiding knox warranty bit. All I'm worrying about is getting official update and I don't want to root my phone too.
    What you don't understand in my answers?

It's NOT POSSIBLE to flash -F- firmware to a -N- device!

Hey nazmulasha,

I came across this video on YouTube detailing how to change the CSC on the S8 to another country in order to get Bixby working without rooting. You could try using it to change your CSC to something local to your area:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Keep in mind that it'll erase everything on your device, so, you should do a backup prior to going through the process. Give it a shot on your Note 8, and do share your results.

I use the same model of the Note 8 (SM-N950N) but I rooted mine and used a CSC changer zip package to change mine to Canada via TWRP...but again, that requires root.
    Last edited by MrElectrifyer; 09-01-2018 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by MrElectrifyer [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey nazmulasha,

I came across this video on YouTube detailing how to change the CSC on the S8 to another country in order to get Bixby working without rooting. You could try using it to change your CSC to something local to your area:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Keep in mind that it'll erase everything on your device, so, you should do a backup prior to going through the process. Give it a shot on your Note 8, and do share your results.

I use the same model of the Note 8 (SM-N950N) but I rooted mine and used a CSC changer zip package to change mine to Canada via TWRP...but again, that requires root.
    Hey,

I am having the same issue as the OP and would like to do the same as they are trying to do. What would I lose and gain by going your route?

After further researching, it turns out that NO, you can't officially change the CSC of the SM-N950N to something other than a Korean carrier, as it isn't a Multi CSC variant, which is just very saddening. The Multi CSC variants, according to this site ( [ Login above or register to see download links. ] ) are the SM-N950F and SM-N950FD, the latter being the globally unlocked version, which I should have gotten (albeit, seems to be very rare online). Wasn't aware of these restrictions on different variants of Samsung devices as the Note 8 is my first ever Samsung device...but alas, lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazio08 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey,

I am having the same issue as the OP and would like to do the same as they are trying to do. What would I lose and gain by going your route?
    If you go my route, as far as I'm aware, you'll lose the following:

- You probably wouldn't ever be able to use Samsung Pay nor Secure Folder ever again, unless someone finds a way to trick knox. So, if you have anything in your Secure Folder, you should back that up first or you wouldn't ever be able to access it again, and if you really value the versatility of Samsung Pay (useable at MST terminals) you shouldn't use this route at all. Samsung Pay currently isn't supported by most banks here, including mine (TD), so, wasn't losing out on anything in my case, plus, Android Pay still works. As for Secure Folder, there's different apps on the Play Store that offer similar functionality on any Android device, like Norton App Lock and Parallel Space, albeit, probably not as feature rich.

- The built-in SecyrityLogAgent (which is the Antivirus, and happens to also be responsible for the App permission monitor feature), will be constantly nagging you that Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restaart your device to undo any unauthorized changes, but you could use an app like Tasker and AutoNotification to automatically dismiss that specific notification, or you could just freeze/disable the "SecurityLogAgent" app using an app like Package Disabler

- Samsung Health may or may not stop functioning, but you can get it up and running again using this process if it does ( [ Login above or register to see download links. ] )...maybe that only happened when I had Xposed (a totally different story) installed, I currently don't and Samsung health is functioning even with Magisk root.

- Netflix will begin showing you Error 5.2 whenever you attempt playing any video, but you can fix it using this process ( [ Login above or register to see download links. ] )

- Smart View (a.k.a. Wireless Display) might start showing you an error stating it failed to connect to your wireless display whenever you attempt to connect, but you can fix that by following this process ( [ Login above or register to see download links. ] )...probably only happens with Xposed, no issues so far without Xposed.

- You wouldn't be able to use Samsung Pass to sign into websites with your biometrics, but you can follow this process to get rid of it while keeping the benefit of logging into website with your biometrics, both Iris and Fingerprint ( [ Login above or register to see download links. ] )

That's what I'm aware of so far, and as you can see, really only losing Secure Folders in my case, plus some time :P

Hope that helps