Thread: Note 8 N950F Software Update help please!

Note 8 N950F Software Update help please!

Hi,

This is going to be my first time updating my Note 8 N950F by myself as ota updates don't work since I live in Canada but my note 8 was bought online. I am unsure as to which region update I should be getting.

Under software info, it says,

Service provider SW ver.

SAOMC_SM-950F_OXM_CHO_0022
    ce06171653682a35017e
    CHO/CHO/BRI

Should I be downloading the update from TAIWAN (BRI) region or CHILE (CHO) region? Is there a difference as to which region I should be getting considering that I live in Canada? Also when I update, will I be losing all of my data in my phone?
    Last edited by Samsungfanc; 08-08-2019 at 11:58.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsungfanc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

This is going to be my first time updating my Note 8 N950F by myself as ota updates don't work since I live in Canada but my note 8 was bought online. I am unsure as to which region update I should be getting.

Under software info, it says,

Service provider SW ver.

SAOMC_SM-950F_OXM_CHO_0022
    ce06171653682a35017e
    CHO/CHO/BRI

Should I be downloading the update from TAIWAN (BRI) region or CHILE (CHO) region? Is there a difference as to which region I should be getting considering that I live in Canada? Also when I update, will I be losing all of my data in my phone?
    Hi there,

1. Install Smart Switch on your PC (not to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Install the latest ODIN-version: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM (CSC_OXM NOT TO BE USED!!!) with Odin 3.13.x -> your data will stay intact.

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Power OFF phone. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC_OXM in CSC)
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

1. Install Smart Switch on your PC (not to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Install the latest ODIN-version: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM (CSC_OXM NOT TO BE USED!!!) with Odin 3.13.x -> your data will stay intact.

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Power OFF phone. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC_OXM in CSC)
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
    Thank you so much for your help! I will give this a try now!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsungfanc [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you so much for your help! I will give this a try now!
    Follow exactly the instructions, than nothing can go wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    It worked! Thanks again, greatly appreciated!

ahhh where are the files that were originally in my secure folder? Are they all gone? Is there a way to recover them if they are gone?

Administrator
    ahhh where are the files that were originally in my secure folder? Are they all gone? Is there a way to recover them if they are gone?
    Hi there,

That I don't know: sorry...

When you used the HOME_CSC file, nothing is changed and all the settings should be intact...

It's possible, it's because the update from Android 8 to 9, but am not sure in this (I never used Secure Folder)...

Hi there,

That I don't know: sorry...

When you used the HOME_CSC file, nothing is changed and all the settings should be intact...

It's possible, it's because the update from Android 8 to 9, but am not sure in this (I never used Secure Folder)...

yea everything else is fine just contents of that folder are all gone. good thing i have a back of up those documents on my work phone...

But anyway, thanks again for your help. The update was successful!

Administrator
    yea everything else is fine just contents of that folder are all gone. good thing i have a back of up those documents on my work phone...

But anyway, thanks again for your help. The update was successful!
    Hi there

you're welcome...

Enjoy the new firmware