Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do a start a thread about my phone ? ? ? ?

I must say you are a genius Henklbr Many thanks.
    I have installed the app and found following info under firmware:

PRODUCT CODE: SM-N950UZKAXAS

PDA: N9500ZCS4CRK1

CSC: N9500CHC4CRK1

BASEBAND: N950USQS5CRK1

BOOTLOADER: N950USQS5CRK1

Can we erase everything (like we format a disc) and install a N950U software. I am sure I can do it under your guidance.
    I have downloaded N950U USC latest software.

Thanks again
    Moazzam

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moazzam777 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I must say you are a genius Henklbr Many thanks.
    I have installed the app and found following info under firmware:

PRODUCT CODE: SM-N950UZKAXAS

PDA: N9500ZCS4CRK1

CSC: N9500CHC4CRK1

BASEBAND: N950USQS5CRK1

BOOTLOADER: N950USQS5CRK1

Can we erase everything (like we format a disc) and install a N950U software. I am sure I can do it under your guidance.
    I have downloaded N950U USC latest software.

Thanks again
    Moazzam
    From what country/carrier is your SIM-card? Be aware, you're flashing now complete US-firmware...
    If some functions are working now, like Samsung Pay, VoLTE, VoWiFi it may be possible it won't work anymore after flashing this US-firmware... (Current PDA & CSC-file on your device are from China)

First of all, install Smart Switch on your PC (NOT to be used, just for the Samsung Drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Latest firmware for the SM-N950U can be found here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

The latest ODIN-version can be found here: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OYN (other files NOT to be used) with Odin 3.13.x. Your device will reset afterwards, which is mandatory.

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Thanks Henklbr, much obliged
    The firmware I downloaded has a USERDATA file. I also added it to Odin. Finally Odin showed "PASSED".
    Now the device is stuck showing "FINALIZING ANDROID UPDATE PLEASE WAIT..."
    Don't know what to do??

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moazzam777 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks Henklbr, much obliged
    The firmware I downloaded has a USERDATA file. I also added it to Odin. Finally Odin showed "PASSED".
    Now the device is stuck showing "FINALIZING ANDROID UPDATE PLEASE WAIT..."
    Don't know what to do??
    You did not read my instructions:Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OYN (other files NOT to be used) with Odin 3.13.x. Your device will reset afterwards, which is mandatory.

I hope you can get your device in the download-mode again. Otherwise you'll have to go with your device to a Samsung Service Point...

I also asked you a question in my post:

From what country/carrier is your SIM-card? Be aware, you're flashing now complete US-firmware..

Thanks Henklbr
    My SIM is from Pakistan. The phone N950U (thanks again in finding this out) is of USA variant. It installs either Chinese or American firmware.
    You are right I missed the instruction of using only four files. I studied the odin's post on Using Nand Erase function and followed it step by step.
    Now its running perfectly fine.
    MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU HENKLBR
    STAY BLESSED.

Administrator
    Thanks Henklbr
    My SIM is from Pakistan. The phone N950U (thanks again in finding this out) is of USA variant. It installs either Chinese or American firmware.
    You are right I missed the instruction of using only four files. I studied the odin's post on Using Nand Erase function and followed it step by step.
    Now its running perfectly fine.
    MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU HENKLBR
    STAY BLESSED.
    Hi there

Glad it worked out...

Have a nice day

Hi Henklbr, Its me again.
    The installed software has these parameters under service provider.
    XAS/XAA/SPR
    It seems its from sprint. Could you please help me in identifying non-branded firmware for this phone.
    Can I change SM-N950U to SM-N950U1? I came through a few posts on this but thought to ask you first.
    You know I am not a bad students. I can do it under your kind guidance.
    Stay blessed and happy
    Moazzam

Administrator
    Hi Henklbr, Its me again.
    The installed software has these parameters under service provider.
    XAS/XAA/SPR
    It seems its from sprint. Could you please help me in identifying non-branded firmware for this phone.
    Can I change SM-N950U to SM-N950U1? I came through a few posts on this but thought to ask you first.
    You know I am not a bad students. I can do it under your kind guidance.
    Stay blessed and happy
    Moazzam
    Hi there

You can't flash U1 firmware to an -U- device. SPR at the end is the Product code: you can't change that

My worry is I flashed with the firmware with code USC, while it appeared to be SPR? Please advise.

Administrator
    My worry is I flashed with the firmware with code USC, while it appeared to be SPR? Please advise.
    Hi there

What's the link of the firmware you downloaded? If it was -U- firmware, than you have Multi-CSC OYN firmware (where several CSC's are included)...

By the way: "why" doing first and ask later?