Thread: I don't know which firmware to use.

I don't know which firmware to use.

I have a s7 edge duos international version SM-G935FZKUXSG and yesterday I had the phone freeze on me. When I try to restart it I get a black screen and blue light. None of the buttons worked so I had to let the battery drain out overnight. I was unable to get into recovery mode when I boot it up again the next morning because it kept freezing. So I let the battery drain again. I don't have any info on the phone before the brick.

This time I was able to boot into download mode. I had no choice but to use odin and install a random stock G935F firmware I found on the web. The phone managed to boot into OS and make calls. text. browse..etc. but when I install updates the phone freezes at the android logo. Any way to figure out which firmware I am supposed to use because the one i'm currently using isn't working. Thanks.
    Last edited by 25jai; 03-09-2017 at 00:59.

You can install the latest version of the original firmware with a SmartSwitch.
    See post #2 here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If SmartSwitch will not work for you then use your phone IMEI in this site to confirm the model version:

I was able to fetch the original firmware and install it onto the phone but phone is stuck in a boot loop. I can't factory reset and clear cache because my phone gets stuck in installing system update when i try to enter safe mode.

Quote Originally Posted by 25jai [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I was able to fetch the original firmware and install it onto the phone but phone is stuck in a boot loop. I can't factory reset and clear cache because my phone gets stuck in installing system update when i try to enter safe mode.
    Are you leaving your phone long enough to install the firmware?
    It can take 10 minutes or more.

Did you check your phone imei to confirm the model version

Did you install your firmware as instructed in this guide?

I used the smart switch to download and install the firmware while I have the phone in download mode. After smart switch completed, the phone reboots with the android man screen after a few moments it shows "erasing" then resets into a boot loop.

Yes the model number on the back of the phone matches the one from [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    SM-G935FD

I will try to use Odin instead of Smart Switch.

Got it to work. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by 25jai; 04-09-2017 at 05:14.

thank