Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major problem with SM-T550

Major problem with SM-T550

Hi guy,

My SM-T550 Samsung Galaxy Tab A has been intermittently faulty for no odd reason. I will number in stages the issues:

1. On it's own, turns on and off and goes to odin mode

2. When I have tried to find the correct firmware for my model number, it failed on the Odin software I downloaded on my PC after trying to install the firmware.

3. Due to the failure, it has now caused my Tablet to only turn on using the Home and Volume Up button where it takes me to either volume up for download mode, or if I press cancel, it takes me to an error message saying to use an Emergency Recovery function on Smart Switch PC.

4. I downloaded Smart Switch PC, did everything that was asked on some tutorials I saw on Youtube, but the same problem exists - my Tablet is stuck on that big bold & white exclamation mark (light green background), with the bold white writing asking me to use Smart Switch.

What do I do guys? I have literally tried everything, but my Tablet will not go back to it's original function.

Please help, thanks.

Follow post #2 here to reinstall the latest correct firmware with SmartSwitch.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi Greenman,

I tried the method from the second post in the link you provided, but it doesn't do anything, except remain on the message of asking me to use the Emergency Recovery Function on Smart Switch.

Likewise, I've downloaded multiple firmware versions for my model number from this site, however, each and every time it fails on Odin when trying to install the firmwares.

Any other solutions?

Can you confirm that when using SmartSwitch you did not connect your phone until the firmware to be installed was showing?

Before connecting your phone to the PC go to MORE and 'Reinstall device drivers'

If still not working, can you post the Odin log if it fails as it gives clues as to why it has failed.

Hi Greenman,

Yes, I can confirm each and every step I did as your link mentioned from your first reply. I also tried the normal way, but as soon as I connect the device prior to going through the installation process, it reads 'unsupported device' on Smart Switch.

Secondly, I'll provide in order the steps from the T550 firmware I am trying to use and also the steps I took on Odin:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

These are the commands that show when trying to insert the firmware via Odin.

Also, on my tablet, after the failed attempts, it reads (on the downloading section):

Odin: flash read failiure
    Error: there is no bit binary
    Odin: flash write failiure

As mentioned before, I downloaded two firmwares from this site, one based in the UK for my SM-T550, and when this didn't work, I also downloaded a firmware for my model number based abroad, to see if this made a difference - however, the same problem.

Your help is appreciated.
    Last edited by akidul1987; 20-08-2017 at 21:56.

Can you rule out that you are NOT using VMWare Fusion on MacOS X.
    This is a common error when using this setup.

Not being able to read or write to the Tab memory can be a memory failure.
    But can also be a corrupt memory with damaged files.

A solution may be to install the TWRP custom recovery .
    Now go to WIPE > Advanced wipe > Repair files.

Hi Greenman,

I am not sure what the first part of what you mentioned is as I'm not really good with computers or gadgets. I'm assuming you're referring to a Mac device/software? I'm using a windows 8 HP laptop to carry out these Odin tests.

I'll try out the last part of your advice and let you know.

Hi Greenman,

I followed the steps given in the link, but these are the commands I am getting.

Also, the same three error messages as I mentioned before, are showing on my tablet after this recent attempt for a recovery.

This is looking like a memory failure.
    But one last thing to try.

Can you post your Sammobile firmware link to our technical advisor.
    Ask if he can extract the PIT file.

When received, put the PIT file and firmware file into Odin.
    Choose
    Re-partition
    F.Reset Time
    Auto Reboot

Post your firmware file and request for the PIT file here:

Hi Greenman,

Thank you so much for your help so far. I am a little busy with work today and will get that done later and post it in the late evening (UK time).
    Last edited by akidul1987; 21-08-2017 at 22:05.