Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Major problem with SM-T550

Quote Originally Posted by akidul1987 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi guy,

My SM-T550 Samsung Galaxy Tab A has been intermittently faulty for no odd reason. I will number in stages the issues:

1. On it's own, turns on and off and goes to odin mode

2. When I have tried to find the correct firmware for my model number, it failed on the Odin software I downloaded on my PC after trying to install the firmware.

3. Due to the failure, it has now caused my Tablet to only turn on using the Home and Volume Up button where it takes me to either volume up for download mode, or if I press cancel, it takes me to an error message saying to use an Emergency Recovery function on Smart Switch PC.

4. I downloaded Smart Switch PC, did everything that was asked on some tutorials I saw on Youtube, but the same problem exists - my Tablet is stuck on that big bold & white exclamation mark (light green background), with the bold white writing asking me to use Smart Switch.

What do I do guys? I have literally tried everything, but my Tablet will not go back to it's original function.

Please help, thanks.
    holas

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This is looking like a memory failure.
    But one last thing to try.

Can you post your Sammobile firmware link to our technical advisor.
    Ask if he can extract the PIT file.

When received, put the PIT file and firmware file into Odin.
    Choose
    Re-partition
    F.Reset Time
    Auto Reboot

Post your firmware file and request for the PIT file here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi Greenman,

I have requested for this from the link you provided, and waiting for correspondence.

Quote Originally Posted by akidul1987 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi Greenman,

I have requested for this from the link you provided, and waiting for correspondence.
    Yakapa40 is just a forum member like you and I, so be patient.
    He will get back as soon as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yakapa40 is just a forum member like you and I, so be patient.
    He will get back as soon as he can.
    Sure thing.

In the meantime can I ask what and how a memory failure happens? Is this something that can generally be fixed amongst others that may be facing a similar issue?

Sure thing.

In the meantime can I ask what and how a memory failure happens? Is this something that can generally be fixed amongst others that may be facing a similar issue?
    Like any device it can have a limited life before failing.
    How long that life is depends upon many factors ranging from manufacturing defects to heavy usage.
    Writing and rewriting to the memory can result in its premature failure.

Then there is the corruption of files in the memory.
    These can exhibit similar characteristics to the hardware failure, but the files can often be recovered or repaired.
    It is software recovery and repair that the forum can help with.
    Once the ideas have been exhausted you know that the next stop is Samsung service and usually a motherboard replacement.

Super Moderator
    hello

SM-T550 BTU
    SM-T550 NEE
    GT510WIFI_EUR_OPEN.pit
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

regards

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help, unfortunately the latest method didn't work, so I will have to take it to Samsung to fix once and for all.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help, unfortunately the latest method didn't work, so I will have to take it to Samsung to fix once and for all.

Thanks.
    Good luck.
    Let us know how it goes.