Thread: T580 not working anymore.

Post T580 not working anymore.

Hello, I'm new to Sammobile. Think I have arrived to the right place.

First of all, I´m transcribing data of my device, compiled by Droid Info app some months ago. It's a spanish tab, so some references come in spanish, but I think it will be easy to guess the meaning

Modelo: SM-T580 (gtaxlwifixx)
    Fabricante: samsung
    Número de compilación: MMB29K.T580XXU1APG1
    Huella Digital: samsung/gtaxlwifixx/gtaxlwifi:6.0.1/MMB29K/T580XXU1APG1:user/release-keys
    Gestor de Arranque: T580XXU1APG1
    Java VM: ART 2.1.0
    Versión de Sistema Operativo: Marshmallow (6.0.1)
    SDK: 23

So far, so good. 2 days ago I installed TRWP 3.1.1-0. No trouble there. Then I installed Supersu. Some apps started to misbehave but, well, I could still do fine.

Yesterday I tried to use TRWP again to install the ROM Nougat 7.0 from here ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]) and, after installing, things changed for the worse. When I try to start, the only thing I get is a blank screen. When I try start+vol.up+home, the recovery mode never appears. Finally, the only thing working is download mode (start+vol.down+home). Using download mode and ODIN, I tried to install TRWP again, to no avail.

So I just let the battery drain. When I re-charged the tablet, TRWP was back. So I made some logs that I gladly paste at the end of this message. But couldn't go further. Whenever I try to re-start, I was back with a blank screen and the only option is download mode. To get back to recovery I have to let the battery dry up again. Home+vol.up+start just don't work.

Now, I think I should try to restore back to factory settings. I have just find some firmwares on Sammobile ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]) and I have some doubts:
    1) ¿Which of the 4 firmwares should I flash?
    2) According to what I have read in some other threads, it seems that the firmware comes with 3 or 4 files, but I'm still confused. ¿Which should I flash with Odin? ¿BL, AP, CP, CSC? If all at the same time, ¿how?

Thanks a lot in advance. I'm not in a hurry. After all, it's a summer sunday. I can live without the Tab for some days.
    Last edited by jl415; 16-07-2017 at 19:24. Reason: too long!

The Extremely rom is very well supported by the developer luattic.
    As your problems are related to the ROM installation, the XDA site should be your first point of contact to try and resolve why the ROM is not working for you.
    Focus on TWRP and the Super SU and their installation.
    Clearly TWRP has not been correctly installed.

Until you resolve that, your plan to return to stock firmware is just going to complicate things further.

But if you do want to go ahead with the stock firmware install, first try SmartSitch as in post #2 here:
    NOTE:
    DO NOT connect your TAB until the firmware to be installed is shown.
    This will be the latest original firmware -

But SmartSwitch may not be able to initialise your TAB, in which case carry out an Odin install.
    Use all 4 files in Odin at the same time.

Thanks a lot for your useful advice. I'll try to track the failure with the folks at XDA.
    Great work you got here, by the way.

Well, in XDA they came quick with an answer and at last I could get out of the recovery mode. It seems that the trouble was that the data are encrypted, so it was needed to format previously. Anyway, I tried to reinstall the ROM with no success. So maybe I should get back to the stock firmware.
    In that case, after your kind answer, I still have two doubts:

a) SmartSwitch. As far as I know (and I am a newbie), this is an app to copy data from a device to another. I can't see the use of it in this moment. And as for the post #2 you mention, is it the one with " Galaxy tab a 2016 sm-t580 nougat and now 6.0.1 fail falshing odin"?

b) And then, what firmware from your website should I use for my Tablet. As I said, the filter shows me 4 possible firmwares, but I would like to know if all are valid for my device.

And, as always, thanks again!

Whoops! I forgot to post the SmartSwitch link.
    This SmartSwitch is the Samsung official firmware installer and here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

You can install any of the PHE firmware, but choose the newest version that is here:

That's great