Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: odin can't open the serial(com) port

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1

    Lightbulb The same error

    Did you solve this problem?

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1
    Has anybody solved this issue?
    On Odin, I get the blue box showing it's connected but when I try to install the firmware, Odin says it can't open the serial com port!

  3. #13
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian00001 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Has anybody solved this issue?
    On Odin, I get the blue box showing it's connected but when I try to install the firmware, Odin says it can't open the serial com port!
    Hi there,

    Which Odin version are you using? Have you tried another COM-port on your PC? Are you using the ORIGINAL USB-cable?

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1
    I have try all but for me not work.
    I changed the USB cable, try with 3 pc and nothing.
    The same problem . Can't open the serial (Com) port
    I have a galaxy note 9 .
    And I don't have installed Samsung Kies

  5. #15
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismael Barajas [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have try all but for me not work.
    I changed the USB cable, try with 3 pc and nothing.
    The same problem . Can't open the serial (Com) port
    I have a galaxy note 9 .
    And I don't have installed Samsung Kies
    Download / Install SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Then try again...

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download / Install SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Then try again...
    I tried that. Still doesn't work

  7. #17
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by dave58 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I tried that. Still doesn't work
    Then I'm getting out of options too

    Maybe another PC will do the job...

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismael Barajas [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have try all but for me not work.
    I changed the USB cable, try with 3 pc and nothing.
    The same problem . Can't open the serial (Com) port
    I have a galaxy note 9 .
    And I don't have installed Samsung Kies
    I had this same problem when using ODIN 3.14.1 with my Samsung Galaxy 9+, and after reading some other forums, it turned out the new windows 10 laptop I was using had USB 3.0 ports, and in the post at [ Login above or register to see download links. ] it mentions that sometimes 3.0 ports don't work. I took out my old XP latop which has USB 2.0 ports and that did not give me the error "Can't open the serial (Com) port". In fact, it was able to complete the install without any other issues.

    Sadly, the phone still isn't working, though at least we now know that if you have this issue, it may be the actual USB ports, not anything else. Best of luck to you all.
    Last edited by freshwave; 26-04-2020 at 05:26.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1
    hi I'm facing the same problem for Samsung Galaxy J600f :

    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> Total Binary size: 4331 M
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Check
    1. You are using an original quality USB cable and not a thinner USB charging cable.
    2. You are connecting directly to the PC USB port and not through a USB hub.
    3. Try another PC USB port.
    4. Try another Odin version.
    Do I really need a USB hub?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •