Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SM J-120H/DS stock rom wanted

SM J-120H/DS stock rom wanted

Hi I have damaged my rom by trying to root my phone it was stuck in boot loop.
    Can get it into odin mode but i can't find the rom to flash onto, it what rom would be best it is a uk phone.
    there does not seem to be a uk version of the rom would any rom work even if the country code is different?
    Thanks

The best thing to try is to return to original firmware to recover your phone.
    Try this with Kies as described here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If Kies will not work then you can install any J-120H firmware from here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks for your help.
    I have got the phone working again.
    Cant seem to manage to root the phone though every time i try it just gets stuck in a boot loop . I dont know what i am doing wrong i can install trw recovery but when i try to install superSU it goes wrong

hi greenman , can you help me ASAP ? my friend ask me to open line his phone (SM-J120H) because our sim is not working on that phone and that phone came from middle east countries and want to use here in the philippines , can i flash other countries firmware ? i saw one firmware that i needed , philippines (openline) .. do you think it will work ?

Quote Originally Posted by lloydible [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi greenman , can you help me ASAP ? my friend ask me to open line his phone (SM-J120H) because our sim is not working on that phone and that phone came from middle east countries and want to use here in the philippines , can i flash other countries firmware ? i saw one firmware that i needed , philippines (openline) .. do you think it will work ?
    The J120H has limited support in the Philippines.
    It is not supported on the LTE frequencies used by Philippines networks.

Changing the firmware will make no difference to this.

The Philippines use a firmware shared by other countries (multi csc)
    If you install any Philippines firmware you will get the default csc of Thailand THL.

thanks but can i still flash that firmware ?

yesterday flashed a new firmware on that phone and i didnt know that i downloaded sm-j100, so the installation stopped, now we cant use the phone because it wont open , if i flash the right one that is same as the build number, do you think the phone will open

If you can still get into download mode there is every chance that you can recover your phone.
    If you cannot get into Download mode you will need a mobile repair shop with a Z3X box or similar to re-inject the firmware.

yes i can go to download mode .. thank you very much.. you helped me a lot

hello . I can't get into download mode in my pc