Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions about firmware and regions

Quote Originally Posted by Dede96 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please firmware a5 2016 nougat region indonesia
    Look here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

please guys i have a problem with my phone with my phone i did a mistake to install a different file to my phone and now my phone turns up but i dont see the samsung logo even when i try to charge my phone the phone is still not showing i have tried to install firewares for my phone version using odin but it still fails please what can i do to resolve this issue the model of the phone is SAMSUNG GRAND PRIME PLUS G532F THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by kelly05 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    please guys i have a problem with my phone with my phone i did a mistake to install a different file to my phone and now my phone turns up but i dont see the samsung logo even when i try to charge my phone the phone is still not showing i have tried to install firewares for my phone version using odin but it still fails please what can i do to resolve this issue the model of the phone is SAMSUNG GRAND PRIME PLUS G532F THANKS
    Can you see if Kies will reinstall your firmware?

Help I want to change to the first rom that is lollipop my model is A510M

Device: 3 binary: 1

recently changed from nougat to marshmallow because the battery did not give me almost anything and my cell phone had heating problems, and that I do not usually have a heavy cell phone only used it for facebook and only one game that is the famous clash royale

In nougat I had the brazil rom ZTO

I'm looking for that version of android in search of performance and more battery

I tried to install several roms similar to the termination 3 1 but I still got the error that at the beginning showed me with version 6.1 (the typical error of check fail device 3: binary: 1); which was installing the wrong firmware for the device

the one that I use and that I currently have is this:

A510MUBS3BQD1_A510MUUB3BQA1_TTT

is one of trinidada and tobago

I can not find a lollipop rom for this cell phone, maybe it came by default with marshmellow, I'm new in this to identify the correct rom for the cell phone, would you help me look for it?

One more detail when entering sample recovery mode

No support single-sku

supported API: 3

Applyin Multi-csc

Applied the csc-coded: TTT

I have
    AP:T835DXU4CTI4
    CP:T835XXU4CTI4
    CSC:T835OLM4CTI4

I don't know OLM, DXU? Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. I'd like to find firmware that enables VoWifi, VoLTE. Short of that, is it possible to open and edit the modem configuration.

I understand that Samsung disables VoLTE and VoWifi in its flagship tablets, thereby obsoleting them, because they use 3G fallback for voice and SMS, and 3G is being phased out quickly.

But cheap Samsung tablets, such as Tab A, receive updates to set modem firmware supplied by Qualcomm, the cpu/chipset manufacturer, to the default
    settings, which have VoWifi and VoLTE enabled.

Why would Samsung put forth the extra effort to obsolete its flagship products, some within a few months of release, but leave low-end products unaltered, and therefore compatible with 2021 carrier changes that require VoLTE for talk and text?

I've heard from others that tablets are data-only devices, and were never able to use talk and SMS.

Also that, Samsung tablets are not hardware compatible to VoLTE.

That Samsung has decided the Galaxy Tab S series is no longer going to be used for talk and SMS.

That VoLTE requires special software updates that are carrier specific, because everyone implements it differently, so Samsung doesn't need to update the devices, each carrier updates its customers' devices to be compatible.

Or, my favorite, VoLTE depends on IMS and SIP. It's so complicated that it can't be standardized. Unlocked devices cannot be made compatible.

All of those explanations are incorrect. Carrier-branded devices are ordered, if possible, to be delivered with features disabled. The carrier can then give the illusion that the customer can request extra services to be added to their contract, many of which are at little or no cost.

In the end they are simply installing a small update on your device. The network is compatible. No adjustments need be done.

Carriers can also obsolete devices faster, by not offering a feature that they requested be disabled in firmware during manufacture. They just need to change a line or two in the hardware configuration file, via a silent update, but they want to sell devices, and they don't want older devices to be reactivated.

The more second-hand devices are activated, the less new devices will be needed. All carriers offer multiple devices to make calls with one number, as long as the primary device is on the network.

This allows tablets to make calls, even though they aren't firmware compatible to the network. The cost is $30-$40 per month.

So, I guess Samsung's strategy is to manufacture devices with data, talk and text; cripple them through negligence, so owners can pay an additional $500/year to get back what they originally paid for!

Note 9 not getting any ota update

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHITBHANDARI [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Note 9 not getting any ota update
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

I have recently purchased S20 Brand OMN. I downloaded and flashed OXM multicsc firmware with ITV csc.

With Samkey I have successfully changed CSC.

Now through App Phone info I see product code SM-G980FZADITV (previously OMN) and active CSC ITV

while in settings, phone info, software information now i find indicated:
    Vesr. SW telephone operator ..... SM-G980F_OXM_ITV_QQ_008
    ITV / ITV, ITV / EUX / OMN

PREVIOUSLY

Vesr. SW telephone operator ..... SM-G980F_OXM_OMN_QQ_008
    OMN / OMN,OMN / EUX / OMN

is it correct that OMN still appears?

It should be okay because today I received ITV no brand update via OTA …

Thanks for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ftTltz1.jpg   BbxaynK.jpg  
    Last edited by aningro; 15-10-2020 at 16:34.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by aningro [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have recently purchased S20 Brand OMN. I downloaded and flashed OXM multicsc firmware with ITV csc.

With Samkey I have successfully changed CSC.

Now through App Phone info I see product code SM-G980FZADITV (previously OMN) and active CSC ITV

while in settings, phone info, software information now i find indicated:
    Vesr. SW telephone operator ..... SM-G980F_OXM_ITV_QQ_008
    ITV / ITV, ITV / EUX / OMN

PREVIOUSLY

Vesr. SW telephone operator ..... SM-G980F_OXM_OMN_QQ_008
    OMN / OMN,OMN / EUX / OMN

is it correct that OMN still appears?

It should be okay because today I received ITV no brand update via OTA Ö

Thanks for your help
    Hi there

ITV is your active CSC. The OMN-CSC (last) can't be changed because that's the product-code of your device

So everything is correct! ..... Thanks for the answer friend.