Thread: Not Receiving OTA Updates After OEM Reflashing

Not Receiving OTA Updates After OEM Reflashing

I have a lovely Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" (SM-T700) I bought through Craigslist I recently got. The original owner purchased it in China, so it was originally flashed with a Chinese copy of Samsung's version of Android. Since I live in Canada, I reflashed it with [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. The ROM has a build date of 22 Nov 2016, and its security patch date is 2016-11-01.

I've been poking around after reflashing it for a few days now, and while it's installed updates to individual apps, it doesn't seem to have installed any updates to the underlying operating system or firmware. If I go to General > About Device > Download updates manually, it checks for updates, then tells me:

Code:
    The latest updates have already been installed.
    Current version: T700XXU1CPK1/T700XAC1CPK1/
    If I scroll down in General > About Device, I find that the Android security patch level is November 1, 2016. I'm pretty confident there should have been several updates since then, but apparently I haven't received any of them yet.

I've tried Smart Switch, but it doesn't seem to detect that I have any updates to be made either.

Is there any way of getting updates for the system? If not, should I just get another ROM? If so, which one?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by erikcook [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have a lovely Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4" (SM-T700) I bought through Craigslist I recently got. The original owner purchased it in China, so it was originally flashed with a Chinese copy of Samsung's version of Android. Since I live in Canada, I reflashed it with [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. The ROM has a build date of 22 Nov 2016, and its security patch date is 2016-11-01.

I've been poking around after reflashing it for a few days now, and while it's installed updates to individual apps, it doesn't seem to have installed any updates to the underlying operating system or firmware. If I go to General > About Device > Download updates manually, it checks for updates, then tells me:

Code:
    The latest updates have already been installed.
    Current version: T700XXU1CPK1/T700XAC1CPK1/
    If I scroll down in General > About Device, I find that the Android security patch level is November 1, 2016. I'm pretty confident there should have been several updates since then, but apparently I haven't received any of them yet.

I've tried Smart Switch, but it doesn't seem to detect that I have any updates to be made either.

Is there any way of getting updates for the system? If not, should I just get another ROM? If so, which one?
    This is indeed the latest FW available for your device (CSC=XAC)