Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! stuck at Samsung logo, not charging, boot loop :(

HELP!!! stuck at Samsung logo, not charging, boot loop :(

Dear all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WIFI purchased last year (exactly to the day) in Cali. I believe it came with 5.1.1 XAR version.
    A month later, my troubles began. I flashed with 6.0 Samsung WIFI ROM from some other country and the tab soon started to randomly turn off while being used. I am not sure if this is coincidental or not. When restarted, it would sometime fully boot, only to turn off while doing any mundane task surfing etc. and at other times, start and turn off as soon as the SAMSUNG logo comes. Weirdly, when I wait a day or two, it would start fully and work for a few minutes to half an hour

When I put it to charge, only rarely does the green battery logo came up, but most frequently I got a flashing thunderbolt sign.

I sent it to Samsung and it came back apparently with the correct firmware installed and the repair note said, faulty data cable replaced. But in a week of usage, the same problems started. I don't live in the US currently and so I don't have local warranty and don't have any means to send it back to Samsung USA. I've tried all remedies I could find, charging it to 100%, holding volume down and power for 15-30 seconds to simulate a battery reset, etc. to no avail. These days. it wouldn't even stay on long enough to access recovery mode, before turning off.

Yesterday, I installed Nougat 7.0 ROM from XAR on it and tried to start it. same problem. It says updating applications xx out of 26, and then turn off. When I try to access recovery, I got the android logo and when it gets to "Erasing", it would turn off. Then now that the warranty has expired, I installed TWRP (twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-t710_13317.tar) and this time I somehow goto to TWRP recovery mode, I just left it on there to see how long it would last, instead of immediately erasing the caches and restarting.

After that once, I couldn't get it to stay on long enough to access recovery. So I tried to go back to OEM ROM using Smart Switch, but to no avail once again. The Download mode still says Custom even after Smart Switch emergency recovery

I have tried flashing various other things (5.1.1 Samsung ROM, 6.0 ROM from UK with AP, BL and CSC files, TWRP 5.1.1 permissive ROM, TWRP), in various jumbled orde,r out of frustration. Nothing worked. here's a list of ROMs I've tried:

T710XXU2DQCL_T710UVS2DQC1_EON
    SM-T710_1_20170406180713_vd28gnex7t_fac
    SM-T710_1_20170330211239_qkurg70e9y
    5.1.1_T710XXU1BOH7_T710XAR1BOH7_XAR
    twrp_2.8.7.1_LL_5.1.1_t710
    twrp_3.1.0-1_sm-t710_13317
    t710_5.1.1_boot

Right now, the only thing I can access is Download mode and it says Current Binary: Custom, System Status: Custom, AP SWREV B:2 K:0 S:0 and worse than before, the tab turns off at the Powered by Android logo and when I plug it in, it doesn't charge but I get this boot loop (with the just the powered by android screen flashing)

would it help to re-partition and nand erase all and install a fresh ROM with a PIT file, if so can someone please share me their PIT file for this model??
    I am out of ideas, and ready to break this expensive brick

appreciate any help,
    thanks
    V

This still looks like a hardware problem to me.
    A damaged usb cable or usb port are my first thoughts.
    I do not think any software changes will make any difference.

thanks greenman, I have changed USB cables just to be safe while downloading ROMs, so I suppose USB port could be faulty perhaps. But then how would this cause a boot loop?

Quote Originally Posted by vislimshady [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    thanks greenman, I have changed USB cables just to be safe while downloading ROMs, so I suppose USB port could be faulty perhaps. But then how would this cause a boot loop?
    The usb port is the data port and is linked into the system and so could cause looping.
    It happens in devices with a micro usb port when the central pin gets pushed to one side.

So this together with not charging and your previous repair makes me think it is a possibility.

got it. if this is the case, do you think it is an easy or even an inexpensive fix - I am going to try and take it to a local repair shop. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vislimshady [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    got it. if this is the case, do you think it is an easy or even an inexpensive fix - I am going to try and take it to a local repair shop. thanks
    Look here to see what is involved:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

But remember, I am not saying this is the problem, just a possibility.

thx, understood.

greenman, just one last shot to see if it is a soft brick, could you send me or point to where I can obtain a PIT file for this device?

greenman, just one last shot to see if it is a soft brick, could you send me or point to where I can obtain a PIT file for this device?
    We do not have your PIT file in our library.
    Can you send the sammobile firmware link to the firmware you are trying to install to our technical moderator and request the PIT file.
    Send your firmware file request here:

NOTE:
    The link is to yakapa40 who is a member of this forum like you and I so please be patient.

Super Moderator
    hello

SM-T710 UVS multi CSC ( ARO BVO CHO COO EON MXO PEO TPA TTT UPO )
    by default : PEO
    GTS28WIFI_EUR_OPEN.pit

SM-T710 XAR
    GTS28WIFI_EUR_OPEN.pit

regards