Thread: SM-920P File Recovery

Question SM-920P File Recovery

So to start this off its been a bad day I even misspelled my username for the site.=/ I'm hoping one member may know alittle more about this that Samsung reps .
    My Galaxy S6 has been babied lifeproof case all it's life. I sit it down last night and came back to a lifeless device. Won't turn on and unresponsive to any troubleshooting button combo. My phone when plugged in will come up and show 85-87% battery and I can turn it on. Once on it last between 10 to 30 seconds and cuts off and reboots, even while plugged in. I took it into a samsung rep at best buy he said it appeared a update failed and this is why. It didn't make sense that it wouldn't respond to any power button combos unless plugged in. After he tried to push the update that fail it continued to fail and now my phone is stuck with a blue screen saying a error occurred while updating and to use the smart switch pc software. When plugged in it shows its unsupported. Now this screen wont go away so I cant boot to even try to get anything backed up. They said my only option is hard reset and use smart switch to redo the update install fresh. I however need the data off it. I called samsung they said its not possible to get the data. Is that true? its a device with storage, there has to be a way to get into it. The phone can stay on the blue error or downloading screen all day without shutting off. Is there anything to repair my phone or get the data off. I saw installing the PIT with Oden however that wipes the data. Does anyone have a way I can save my data? If there is any information you need just ask I'll do anything I can try to recover this data.

If you are unable to access your phone and it is not recognised by your PC with a USB connection, then it will not be possible to recover data.

A. However, can you return to SmartSwitch and connect your phone in Download mode.
    Ignore the not supported message and go to MORE > Emergency Software Recovery and Initialisation.
    Put in your phone details as in post #2 here:
    https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29918

Now follow the procedure.
    If SmartSwitch will not initialise, return to MORE and let SmartSwitch reinstall the drivers and then try again.

SmartSwitch can sometimes be reluctant to initialise but try at least 3 times.
    Use a different PC USB port and try another usb cable if available, but do not use a thinner USB charging cable.

If still a problem try shutting down and rebooting the PC and phone.

B. OK, so you have had no luck.
    I think Samsung service were probably correct with their 'stuck download' diagnosis.
    OTA updates can go wrong for a number of reasons.
    Usually it is a drop off in data flow during the download, of lack of battery power during the install process.

You need to try and download the update again.
    But as you cannot access your phone, the settings thag have to be changed will not be available.

At times like this you have to turn to Odin and reinstall the firmware.
    And you have to accept that data may be lost.
    If your important data is photo's taken with the phone camera then they should not be touched during the Odin install.

Download and unzip your firmware here:
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G920P/

Do not unzip with WinRAR as it can give errors.Try 7zip.

Follow the install instructions on the Download page.

Good luck.

If you don't make a backup for lost data, you can try the recovery tool to scan phone storage, may be it can extract some deleted Samsung files.
    Last edited by linedar11; 19-09-2021 at 17:20.