Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SM-T819 which one has a stock phone dialer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SM-T819 which one has a stock phone dialer?

Hi,
    I have been researching the Tab S2 for a while now and thought I had figured it all out in respect to which models have a phone dialer to make voice calls and which do not.

Basically I thought and still do that the Network model specific versions sold in the USA have the phone dialer disabled , meaning one can only use the tablet for data only.

I thought the SM-T819 was the 4G international version, and had a phone dialer, but a seller on one of those auction sites informed me his model of SM-T819 does not have a dialer , even though it is labeled as Unlocked 4G.

So back to my original question, which version of the SM-T819 or SM-T719 can make voice calls using inbuilt stock phone dialer? Are all the ones marked as " international " work as a phone?

Thanks

Tablets with phone function:

S2 8.0
    SM-T715
    SM-T719

S2 9.7
    SM-T815
    SM-T819

or my favourite and the one I have
    S 10.5
    SM-T805

Thats what I thought until a seller told me that their SM-T819 did not have a phone dialer present. Hence threw me a curve ball as they say around here LOL

During my research I had also noticed on two ocassion two specific 819 models that also had AWS band 1700/2100 available ( band 3g umts ) It was the following models, SM-T819YZKEXNZ and SM-T819YZKEXSP, New Zealand and Singapore versions. But dont know if they have voice dialing enabled or not, let alone it being available in the USA which I doubt. I say this, since the bands T Mobile USA support would be all present except for LTE band 12 on those two mentioned, else I will also be missing AWS UMTS.

By the way, any reason why the SM-T805 is your fave? cheers

Basically would like to get a version that has obviously voice support but also with UMTS AWS 1700/2100 also , I guess I could live without this and the Band 12 LTE which I know none have except for the specific T Mobile USA branded SM-T817T I think its called, but they intentionally disable the voice calling function from it. So cant go for that version as its data only.
    Last edited by limeybastard; 02-03-2017 at 04:03.

The sm-T805 16:10 format is better for watching video than the 4:3 S2 format.

The SM-T805 has a larger 10.5 screen - and it just works well.
    Full phone functions......

...and as a little bonus, cheaper than it's newer cousin.

If you want to check out frequency/network support then look on this site:
    https://www.frequencycheck.com

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    The sm-T805 16:10 format is better for watching video than the 4:3 S2 format.

The SM-T805 has a larger 10.5 screen - and it just works well.
    Full phone functions......

...and as a little bonus, cheaper than it's newer cousin.

If you want to check out frequency/network support then look on this site:
    https://www.frequencycheck.com
    We seem to be on the opposite sides of the requirments fields, reason being is I returned my Sony Z4 Tablet SPG771 that worked for phones calls for that reason. Now, dont get me wrong the screen was lush ( albeit not as bright as amoled) but after seeing the wife's SMT-813 4:3 display, my old eyes were very pleased LOL. The sony had a 2k display on a 10.1 screen, font were small enough but movies would have been great I am sure.
    You see, I dont watch or stream or play games, mainly reading and websurfing and apps. So the 4:3 appears to be better suited to my needs. I think Ive boiled it down to SMT-819Y version with phone dialer, then again a question for seasoned Sammy owners, when the S3 Tab comes out in a few weeks how much cheaper will current stock be? Is it worth me holding out, not so much for the S3 tab LTE but for a better price?

Cheers
    Freddy

Always better to hold out.
    With new model release the Tab S2 should take a price hit.

Hi Greenman,

I think I will be pulling the trigger on the SM-T819Y via amazon shortly. I just read in one of Sammobile's articles that the TabS3 with 4G will be approx 769 euros. What was the launch price of the Tab S2 2016 version? I think they reduced the price but beefed up the specs to around 500 euros about a year ago? So I am assuming the Tab s3 will with LTE will be priced approx at $799 retail and discounted from the get go by $100.. perhaps they dont want to sell any LOL

Done, its coming tuesday sm-t819y.

Quote Originally Posted by limeybastard View Post
    Done, its coming tuesday sm-t819y.
    Happy days.

Thanks ,guess what color I went for? Would you believe, pikey gold LOL