Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Latest SM-N9600 firmware for Puerto Rico (PCT) installs CHL

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9

    Red face Latest SM-N9600 firmware for Puerto Rico (PCT) installs CHL

    I'm not sure if I missed some instructions, but the linked firmware download for Puerto Rico is loading Chile (CHL Claro) instead of the PCT CSC. If someone can provide assistance, this would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by njhoudini [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I'm not sure if I missed some instructions, but the linked firmware download for Puerto Rico is loading Chile (CHL Claro) instead of the PCT CSC. If someone can provide assistance, this would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi there,

    Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here?

    CHL & PCT are both part of Multi-CSC OWA

    May I know, why you flashed your device yourself?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Hello! Thanks so much for replying!

    Service provider SW ver.
    SAOMC_SM-N9600_OWA_CHL_PP_0020
    272004d14f1c7ece
    CHL/CHL,CHL/TPA

    I purchased this phone off someone who sold it through a local app (letgo) but that individual did not indicate that the phone was international, only that it was a Note 9. The phone checked out to be fine, but since it's "international", T-Mobile does not put out any firmware for this model.

    The phone claims that it was rooted before I started using it even though Knox is at 0x0 and there are no other indications that it has ever been rooted. Using the "Phone INFO *SAMSUNG*" app from the play store, I can see that the original product code is TTT. I can also see that there are available CSC codes in this firmware, but I'm trying to figure out if I can get Puerto Rico to load since I'm in the US.

    Since the phone thinks it's rooted, I am unable to use my work applications or any Samsung apps (some may be because of geographic fencing or because the phone falsely believes itself to be rooted). I'm at a lost and out some considerable money.

    Other than that, the phone does work, but not like a normal phone.

    The CSC that it did select was for Claro (CHL) and that didn't make any sense to me but I guess the firmware doesn't know but it also didn't ask so I was hoping there's a way to set it to use PCT.
    Last edited by njhoudini; 24-07-2019 at 19:33.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by njhoudini [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello! Thanks so much for replying!

    Service provider SW ver.
    SAOMC_SM-N9600_OWA_CHL_PP_0020
    272004d14f1c7ece
    CHL/CHL,CHL/TPA

    I purchased this phone off someone who sold it through a local app (letgo) but that individual did not indicate that the phone was international, only that it was a Note 9. The phone checked out to be fine, but since it's "international", T-Mobile does not put out any firmware for this model.

    The phone claims that it was rooted before I started using it even though Knox is at 0x0 and there are no other indications that it has ever been rooted. Using the "Phone INFO *SAMSUNG*" app from the play store, I can see that the original product code is TTT. I can also see that there are available CSC codes in this firmware, but I'm trying to figure out if I can get Puerto Rico to load since I'm in the US.

    Since the phone thinks it's rooted, I am unable to use my work applications or any Samsung apps (some may be because of geographic fencing or because the phone falsely believes itself to be rooted). I'm at a lost and out some considerable money.

    Other than that, the phone does work, but not like a normal phone.

    The CSC that it did select was for Claro (CHL) and that didn't make any sense to me but I guess the firmware doesn't know but it also didn't ask so I was hoping there's a way to set it to use PCT.
    Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Make a screenshot of "General" & "Firmware" and post it here?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Here are the requested screenshots

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by njhoudini [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Here are the requested screenshots

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I don't know what's wrong with your phone...

    Our app says, TTT while Software Serviceprovider is saying TPA is your product code...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Does TTT imply that the phone is from Trinidad Tobago? Is there any way for me to successfully change the CSC to PCT without root?

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by njhoudini [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Does TTT imply that the phone is from Trinidad Tobago? Is there any way for me to successfully change the CSC to PCT without root?
    I don't know anymore what happened with your device

    Best is to visit a Samsung Service Point and let them check and ask there...

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    I've already spoke with Samsung and they said I would have to go to the country of origin to get support. No help there. Am I really dead in the water with this SM-N9600? Do I need to send my phone to Puerto Rico to get flashed there?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    9
    Is there any way to make the multi-CSC only load PCT onto my phone?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •