Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Update with another country firmware

Quote Originally Posted by RelaxationNL [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks, will try other firmware. Do you know if the product code is important, for example I know the original version was
    PDA G935FXXU1BPLB
    CSC G935FOJV1BPK2I

However, I see there are also different product codes, for example, Saudi Arabie is WTL and Nigeria is ECT, but both PDA and CSC are the same. Does that product code also influence KNOX or should bot work as its the same PDA and CSC.

Thanks,
    Arjan
    The important thing is the region code in the csc.
    In yours there is 'OJV'
    OJV is the region code for Middle East and Africa.
    This is why you should have installed the UAE nougat firmware.
    By doing so you would not have changed your csc code.

Thanks, will try the UAE one, and otherwise the original 6.0.1, hope it works out

Cheers,Arjan

Quote Originally Posted by RelaxationNL [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks, will try the UAE one, and otherwise the original 6.0.1, hope it works out

Cheers,Arjan
    Just be aware that if you converted your phone to BTU, the
    default csc in the 'OJV' firmware will be set.
    ThIs is XSG .

Haha flashin official other country firmware will not void warranty where you read this? You can flash whatever firmware you want. Warranty will void if u root it trigger knox 0x1 in some country . Any Samsung service center will use Odin to 'fix' software problems.
    Feel free to flash it guys enjoy android 7.

Quote Originally Posted by blero [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Haha flashin official other country firmware will not void warranty where you read this?
    Er!!
    Samsung Warranty.
    Try reading it sometime, also try asking people who have been turned away by Samsung Service because they had the wrong CSC version.

Happy to accept that some people get away with it. That does not mean that wrong advice should be given.

Morning, the UAE did not solve the problem, also when I installed the original one again, it installs, however when it starts and asks for my device PIN, it says it is invalid. So it won't boot.

As the content of my KNOX is the most important thing for me, maybe a reinstall with UAE firmware combined with a re-format will let me install KNOX again. After that I login using my old account so it synchronizes my content?

Thanks,
    Arjan

Just installed the 7 version and it accepts my pin again. So getting back to the 6 version/original seems not possible.

Cheers,Arjan

Hi, I am using s7 edge duos (SM-G935FD). I want to flash to nougat firmware of some other region as it is still not available to my region. Please assist me with suitable region so I don't loose Knox service. Attached are my current firmware details. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by mukhmoor [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, I am using s7 edge duos (SM-G935FD). I want to flash to nougat firmware of some other region as it is still not available to my region. Please assist me with suitable region so I don't loose Knox service. Attached are my current firmware details. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Check a couple post before this one. Which region you have, its the post of Greenman on Yesterday, 20:46
    I lost my KNOX for now, but not sure if the firmware has anything to do with this as I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and is now mentioning something about unauthorized software and cannot be configured. To make sure you got a backup I would backup your KNOX data separately/outside KNOX in addition to your account (just to make sure)
    Last edited by RelaxationNL; 03-02-2017 at 09:25.

Hi greenman,

Why can't I download Android 6.0.1 btu or Vodafone UK for my galaxy s7 edge?