Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Update with another country firmware

greenman,

Thank you, i just have two more querstions, doing this upgrade with that firmwares,
    1.- Changing the phone CSC will void my warranty?
    2.- i will loose all my data with the Repartition option?

Hello,

Same question here.
    I just bought an S7 edge and I want to flash a 7.0 Nougat fw from sammobile via Odin. Since I am from Romania and i am eager to use the Nougat.

So, flashing a Sammobile firmware via Odin, will void my warranty?

Thank you,
    Florin

Quote Originally Posted by JCFloresG [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    greenman,

Thank you, i just have two more querstions, doing this upgrade with that firmwares,
    1.- Changing the phone CSC will void my warranty?
    2.- i will loose all my data with the Repartition option?
    1.Yes.
    2. If using Re-partition, yes.

Hey Greenman,

does reflashing the old CSC will give you back the warranty?
    Or is like Knox? like, no way back?

Quote Originally Posted by florinhtc16 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey Greenman,

does reflashing the old CSC will give you back the warranty?
    Or is like Knox? like, no way back?
    If you need a warranty repair,then providing your phone is working then it may be possible to return to the original csc.

An original csc that is part of a multi csc can be a problem as the default csc code would be set.
    More information here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi,

I have updated to nougat, from CSC BPK2 (Africa, Nigeria etc) to DPLT (UK) However my KNOX isn't working anymore

It says it is locked, when I unloch from the web nothing happens. When I remove the app (i have a backup of KNOX data) and install KNOX again, it says it cannot start KNOX as of unauthorized application detected.

Is this because I changed CSC version? A lot of photo's are in my KNOX so it is important I get them back.

Thanks,
    Arjan

I think what is happening here is that the secure Knox container recognises the change in firmware csc and is refusing to open.
    This is a new problem for me (and you) so giving a solution is not easy.

My thinking is that you will have to return to previous firmware (if the secure bootloader will let you)
    Then remove the contents of your secure Knox folder back to the phone.
    Now remove the Knox folder.

If after all this you still want a BTU firmware then install it and create a new Knox secure folder.

You may have been better installing the UAE 7.0
    This would not have changed your Africa csc code and eliminate the problem.

An alternative to my return to original firmware post, is to install the UAE 7.0 .
    If you have a BTU csc code now, installing the UAE firmware will change that to the UAE XSG csc code.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks, will try other firmware. Do you know if the product code is important, for example I know the original version was
    PDA G935FXXU1BPLB
    CSC G935FOJV1BPK2I

However, I see there are also different product codes, for example, Saudi Arabie is WTL and Nigeria is ECT, but both PDA and CSC are the same. Does that product code also influence KNOX or should both work as its the same PDA and CSC.

Thanks,
    Arjan
    Last edited by RelaxationNL; 02-02-2017 at 19:46.

Also the thing I'm not getting is, I uninstalled KNOX and reinstalled it, when you start the app to configure it with your account, the error about the unauthorized application detected is already there before the configuration was started, so what is KNOX checking as it was just installed and does not have my previous data yet.
    Last edited by RelaxationNL; 02-02-2017 at 19:42.