Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113) stuck on Samsung logo after update.

Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113) stuck on Samsung logo after update.

Hello everyone I hope I'm doing this correctly as I'm new to the forum. Please let me know if I'm not, I'll be glad to correct any mistakes.

Here is what I've done / what has happened in chronological order.

1. Did a factory reset through the "Backup and Reset" feature in "Settings" it was successful.
    2. Did a system update through OTA I think. (I just tapped the update notification.)
    3. It would not boot past the Samsung logo so after about an hour I tried to turn it off but it would just restart and get hung at the logo.
    4. I let the battery die, did a full recharge, and then tried to do a factory reset by pressing the Power button and the Volume down button it said it was successful but the Tab still won't boot past the logo.

After that I didn't know what else to do so I came here. If you need anymore information just let me know.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

First check to see if your Tab is in a bootloop due to conflicts with previous firmware or and app.

Conflicting app:
    Start your Tab in SAFE MODE.
    In SAFE MODE none of the apps that you have installed will start-up.
    If you can boot your TAB then it is an app or apps causing your problem.

SAFE MODE =
    Safe Mode temporarily puts your phone in a diagnostic state so you can see if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. No apps, settings or data are removed from the phone, and restarting the phone returns it to Normal Mode.
    1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    2. Press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung log appears, then release.
    3. When the Samsung logo screen appears, press and hold the Volume down button.
    4. Continue to hold the Volume Down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left corner of the screen.
    5. This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Notes:
    With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
    Power cycle device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.

SOURCE: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Unfortunately it won't boot into safe mode it just stays at the Samsung logo. I also tried every other variation of volume down, volume up, and power button. The only things that came up were Odin mode and the recovery mode to do a factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by kgb7565 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Unfortunately it won't boot into safe mode it just stays at the Samsung logo. I also tried every other variation of volume down, volume up, and power button. The only things that came up were Odin mode and the recovery mode to do a factory reset.
    OK, that was a first check.
    Now download your firmware from here and install with Odin.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How can I tell which one I need? The Tab is a Wi-Fi only tab and purchased in the US from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by kgb7565 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    How can I tell which one I need? The Tab is a Wi-Fi only tab and purchased in the US from Amazon.
    If you want to stay with your current firmware, then install this app and use the same csc code.

If I can install 4.2.2 that would be great?

If I can install 4.2.2 that would be great?
    Download the firmware that you would like and install with Odin.
    Instructions on download page.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download the firmware that you would like and install with Odin.
    Instructions on download page.
    It worked! Thank you!

Hello everybody, I just register looking for this firmware, (GT-P5113)
    but in the download page I only see the fast download (premium button), Am I missing something? Can someone help me with this?? my tablet is stuck on a boot-loop and I really need-it operational again...
    Thanks !!!