Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My firmware does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBrain [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Not sure exactly what she did, she is not sure either, something with SD card, and it got fucked since.
    Via sd-card you can also update android, so maybe same not finisht/corrupted update ?

Quote Originally Posted by oggi21 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Via sd-card you can also update android, so maybe same not finisht/corrupted update ?
    Yes, with a custom recovery.
    Do we have an answer to your question post #56?

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes, with a custom recovery.
    Do we have an answer to your question post #56?
    update.app ? Is that saying something ?

Quote Originally Posted by oggi21 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    update.app ? Is that saying something ?
    Shall we wait until TinyBrain gets involved again?

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I do not understand.

Have you an external sd card in your Tab?
    If so, remove it and try rebooting.
    A corrupted card can cause boot issues.
    I do not have an external SD card. I just said that my sister did something with the SD card and ruined the tablet, after that it was REMOVED. There is no SD card inside.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBrain [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I do not have an external SD card. I just said that my sister did something with the SD card and ruined the tablet, after that it was REMOVED. There is no SD card inside.
    OK.
    Using the external sd card suggests that your sister was trying to install a custom firmware.
    It would be useful to know what she was trying to do.

If no I formation on this from your sister then that returns me to the battery being the problem.
    You say the Tab is plugged in, but during firmware install the USB charging stops.
    Last edited by greenman; 02-01-2017 at 21:46.

OK.
    That returns me to the battery being the problem.
    You say the Tab is plugged in, but during firmware install the USB charging stops.
    But it doesn't shut down, it doesn't reboot, it works just fine. Even so, what should I do about it? It's not like I have another battery like that laying around, nor I could find such an old battery anywhere to buy.

But it doesn't shut down, it doesn't reboot, it works just fine. Even so, what should I do about it? It's not like I have another battery like that laying around, nor I could find such an old battery anywhere to buy.
    I can only try and indicate what I assess as the problem from your information.
    Post #1 does not say that your Tab works fine.
    You say your Tab shuts down and does not install firmware.

Software options have been explored at length.
    Now it is time to look at hardware options.

As this is out of the scope of this forum, I suggest you visit a repair centre.

This post is now closed.