Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change CSC to XSP

Quote Originally Posted by 100055 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So Samsung basically made a trap for THL. Is it possible to open Preconfig via Service Mode?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No.
    So after a trip to Samsung Service Center, they restored my firmware to XSP. I dialed *#272*IMEI# (which worked but didn't work on THL), and re-installed XSP so I could see the setup wizard again. Everything works fine.

However, there's a little problem, which is that my "Original CSC Code" in the Phone Info app is blank. The "Firmware's CSC" and "Active CSC" are both set to XSP.

I viewed my root folder from my computer using [ Login above or register to see download links. ] tool (USB debugging), and the /efs folder appears to be empty (this is not permissions problem, as I can see the contents of the /system partition just fine). I can see my IMEI fine using *#06#, and I have no problem with SMS and calling.

My question is: If I flash the XSP ROM with HOME_CSC WITHOUT wiping data, will the "Original CSC Code" be fixed as XSP?

(From the image, you can see that the /efs folder is empty (cannot be expanded), and pulling it to my desktop also gives an empty folder)

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by 100055 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So after a trip to Samsung Service Center, they restored my firmware to XSP. I dialed *#272*IMEI# (which worked but didn't work on THL), and re-installed XSP so I could see the setup wizard again. Everything works fine.

However, there's a little problem, which is that my "Original CSC Code" in the Phone Info app is blank. The "Firmware's CSC" and "Active CSC" are both set to XSP.

I viewed my root folder from my computer using [ Login above or register to see download links. ] tool (USB debugging), and the /efs folder appears to be empty (this is not permissions problem, as I can see the contents of the /system partition just fine). I can see my IMEI fine using *#06#, and I have no problem with SMS and calling.

My question is: If I flash the XSP ROM with HOME_CSC WITHOUT wiping data, will the "Original CSC Code" be fixed as XSP?

(From the image, you can see that the /efs folder is empty (cannot be expanded), and pulling it to my desktop also gives an empty folder)

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My dear friend, "original csc code" was empty from the very beginning your purchase by default. active csc and other csc is working means you're ok. original csc was and will be empty as far you set one by rooting. that's not worth it. ask everyone how never changed firmware or never rooted, their original csc code is blank. so not to worry at all. it's fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk