Thread: cracked glass on samsung s5 neo model#SM-G903W

cracked glass on samsung s5 neo model#SM-G903W

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have cracked the glass only on my s5 neo and would like to change it myself. I know it is time consuming but I feel good about my chances. The problem I'm having is I can only find replacement glass for the s5. So My question is can I use the s5 replacement glass on an s5 neo. and if so is it the same way to change it? what I mean is do I remove the glass and lcd then remove the broken glass from the lcd and glue on the new glass?

Thank you again for your help.

Found this Amazon link, and no, the G903F and G900F do not have the same screen:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

The procedure will be the same:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks Greenman,

I know the LCD is different because the s5 has fingerprint detection but the s5 neo doesn't. I'm attempting to just change the glass though which I'm pretty confident is the same on both. That link you sent me on the change was exactly what I was looking for! I wasn't sure if the procedure for changing just the glass was the same for both being as they have different LCD's. But it looks like it is the same so I'm good to go!

Thnks again for taking the time to respond.

Thanks for this thread, fits my issue well. I'm suffering from a cracked outer glass on my S5 Neo. I was thinking on pulling a cheap glass replacement, rather than the entire LCD assembly, since it's still working perfectly. So, I know digitizers differs between S5 and the S5 Neo, but what about the outer glass? Couldn't this be the same?