Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QUESTIONS:G9350 Getting Google Play on my new Samsung S7 Edge,

I too have a Chinese Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G9350). It is not an edge model. I would like to have google play. I tried flashing with the latest HK firmware (G9350ZHU2APJ2) with odin but it did not work. I followed the guide. It didn't work. I then tried various combinations with BL, AP, CP, CSC, and HomeCSC, but it still didn't work.

My phone information, as seen in "About Device" is as follows:

Baseband Version: G930TUVU3APG1

Build number:
    MMB29M.G9350ZCU2APE6

Now as I was typing this I accidentally booted into Recovery mode and I saw:

Android Recovery
    MMB29M.G930VVRU2APB5
    Verizon/heroqltevzw/heroqltevzw
    6.0.1/MM29M/G930VVRU2APB5

Supported APCV3
    #Manual Mode#
    Applying Multi-CSC
    Applied CSC-code:vzw
    Successfully applied Multi-CSC

What is this and why does it say verizon?

I am including everything that I think is relevant. I just want playstore. How do I get playstore on my SM-G9350?

Hi Presando,
    First of all, if you looked at the About Device (Settings>About Device>Model Number) section, does the Model Number actually say SM-G9350? Or does it say SM-G930T? Or even SM-G930V?

Your Baseband Version G930TUVU3APG1 - is this what the phone started with, or what you have ended up downloading and installing/flashing?
    I ask because this version is the S7 that is provided by T-Mobile (USA), firmeware dated 8th July 2016.

The Hong Kong firmware you tried to flash, G9350ZHU2APJ2, is strictly for a Chinese S7 Edge.
    The country you get the phone from makes a difference as some phones have different hardware in them. I understand USA S7 and S7 Edge generally have Snapdragon processors/CPU (the thinking part of the phone, or the 'brain'), whereas Chinese/Hong Kong S7 and S7 Edge have Exynos processors. These two are not compatible, therefore that is why what you attempted didn't work.
    What you did was tried to flash a Hong Kong firmware onto a USA phone.

If you are physically in China, but hold a USA S7, you will also not be able to get Google. Because the Chinese government blocks all internet access to Google services.
    In order to get around the internet blockade, and download Google on your (supposedly) USA S7, you need to use a proxy internet connection. I will let you research this yourself as there are plenty of information on how to connect to the internet by using proxy servers.

And also I have a feeling S7 and S7 Edge have different firmware, but I stand to be corrected. (Hint: Greenman help me out here!)

PS. When you rebooted into recovery mode, the G930VVRU2APB5 that shows up, confirms that your phone is most likely a USA phone. Firmware versions starting with G930Vxxxxxxxx means the phone likely started life as a Verison phone. And had T-Mobile firmware installed on top of it, G930Txxxxxxxx means T-Mobile. Just like G930Axxxxxxx means its an AT&T phone, G930S is a Sprint phone.

TL;DR: You have a USA phone. It should already be Google capable. If you're in China, this Google capability is blocked so you need proxy servers to access internet to get Google.
    Last edited by mikeclogrider; 01-12-2016 at 07:11.

In the settings menu. It says SM-G9350.
    It came with G930TUVU3APG1. I bought the phone in China. I have never flashed or installed any rom onto this phone. That HK rom is the only thing I ever attempted to flash.
    The phone has the Qualcomm processor.
    I verified this using CPU-Z.

Now, the store I bought it from said it was an "American S7?" Could this be why it says Verizon in the recovery menu? However, everything that came with the phone was in chinese. It came with Baidu. The phone has nothing google related on it. The Galaxy Apps store is in chinese. I registered it on the chinese samsung website. I have no playstore.

One thing of interest is that in the download menu (Home button+Power+Volume down) it say "V". That is:
    Product name: SM-930V
    Current Binary: Samsung Official
    FAP lock: Off
    Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

...etc

I cannot install playstore. I have tried installing the playstore APK. It doesn't open, hence, the phone is chinese. I have tried multiple times with the playstore apks.

I do have a vpn by the way.

What should I do?

Thanks for your response.

That all makes sense.

1. Start life as a Verison phone
    2. Replaced firmware to suit Chinese locality, to sell to Chinese customers
    3. Model number shows SM-G9350 because firmware is for Chinese S7, but in fact, it is a SM-G930V

That would also explain why the Hong Kong firmware doesn't work, as the hardware is actually an USA phone, while the Hong Kong firmware is for the Chinese hardware.

I would suggest looking up the firmware on sammobile for SM-G930V, and flashing that.
    Your current T-mobile firmware version might be custom to suit Chinese locality but based on the original t-mobile firmware, in order to be compatible with the USA hardware.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

If I flash verizon firmware onto my phone, would it still be compatible with cell phone networks here in China? Specifically China Mobile-
    中国移动?

Quote Originally Posted by presando [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If I flash verizon firmware onto my phone, would it still be compatible with cell phone networks here in China? Specifically China Mobile?
    Check here for China network compatibility:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by presando [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If I flash verizon firmware onto my phone, would it still be compatible with cell phone networks here in China? Specifically China Mobile-
    中国移动?
    Please let us know how you get on if you do decide to flash Verison firmware, it will be helpful to others too!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeclogrider [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please let us know how you get on if you do decide to flash Verison firmware, it will be helpful to others too!

Will attempt this in a few weeks, and will post the results here. Can't afford for my phone to be out of commission right now.

Hi All.

I have a SM-G9350, or at least that says the Model Number in settings. But when I try to put it in download mode, I get a chinese menu, like in the picture:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How can I put my phone in download mode?

Quote Originally Posted by lugo00 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi All.

I have a SM-G9350, or at least that says the Model Number in settings. But when I try to put it in download mode, I get a chinese menu, like in the picture:
    How can I put my phone in download mode?
    At initial setup did you have the option of English?